Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
JaBbyJab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchase 7-11-2018

I have 4 cams. The battery usually last 5-6 months before I’ve had to charge. I’ve never had to charge more than one cam at a time.

ALL OF THE SUDDEN. 1-11-2019 all of my cameras die at the same time. I charge them... and they all die. Within 24 hours. Battery problem? No way... Not every single battery at the same time (2 cams inside, 2 cams outside.. opposite sides of the house one is 5 ft from base, one is 50 ft from base.) Update? Hasn’t been an update. HomeKit was linked since its been possible and there was no change in battery life, BUT as of yesterday I removed it and had no resolution. Batteries still die. 

I’m looking to see if anybody has had the same issue. I’m thinking arlo messed something up.

37 REPLIES 37
JaBbyJab
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: 

All batteries are at 95% and above. Time to move the two outside cameras back into place. 

stefanid
Aspirant
Aspirant

cameras are NOT outside...they are in my Florida condo....

JaBbyJab
Aspirant
Aspirant

@stefanid ... Assuming all goes well, this thread will be considered resolved in 7 days. I suggest you open a thread and case# of your own. 

Summary of solution so far:

MY Arlo batteries couldn’t stand up to the cold. The two exterior cam batteries had died completely. The dying batteries resulted in a consistent 24hr drain/charge (repeat) for all 4 batteries. 

ARLO sends new batteries. I charge them to 100%. Insert into cams.

Issue seems to have been resolved. For indoor use. 

NEXT 7 DAYS the cams will be outside. I’m fairly certain the original issue has been resolved.

In short, get new batteries/have arlo send new batteries/use a different company. 

Laker24
Aspirant
Aspirant

buy solar panels to keep them charged indefinitely.

JaBbyJab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t mind charging/swapping out batteries every 6 months. If you or Arlo would like to send solar panels.... I’ll accept freely, but there is absolutely no reason for me to drop $80 just to have my cameras work as promised.

stefanid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Shane I'll be in touch when I return to Fort Lauderdale.  Right now I'm skiing in Montana and I know the cameras are out of juice.  In the past, I recharged about every 3 months, but now its less than every 3 days.  They have original batteries...should I replace them as a first step to remedy?  

ertriad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Suggest you restart your Base Station..worked for me..think a very recent upgrade of base station has thrown up a dormant fault or that upgrade should have concluded with a Base Station restart !
Mcgrew3131
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try rebooting the base station every few days.
Mcgrew3131
Aspirant
Aspirant
Worked for me also.
JaBbyJab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Batteries are holding their charge and the issues with rapid draining seem to no longer be a factor. Rebooting the base station might be a great starting point, but definitely not a solution for all. In closing, anybody who has similar issues with their product should read the thread, but ultimately create a case with arlo customer support. 

Customer support should send a new basestation and batteries = to the # of cameras you are using. 

stefanid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I give up...I've tried all the suggestions posted, but batteries won't hold charge longer than 24 hours.  How do I purchase new ones?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @stefanid

I have provided a link to the Arlo OEM batteries for your cameras. Arlo Accessories

JaBbyJab
Aspirant
Aspirant

@stefanid 

Getting new batteries was an original suggestion... 

BUT...

Arlo will, 100%, send you new batteries if you created a case file AND are having the same problem.... which was also a suggestion. 

Best of luck.

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation