Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station offline and receive any alert when base station goes offline?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DG10
Star
Star

This morning I logged in to check my system and it said that all of the cameras were offline.. I then looked at the base station and it said that the base station was offline. I rebooted the base station and after a few minutes, all of the cameras came back online.

So I have two questions. This system has only been installed for a couple of weeks, so why would it have gone offline when there were no internet or power issues in the house during that time?

Second, why would I not have receive some sort of an alert from the cloud-based monitoring? If the base station goes Offline that is a critical component and I should receive some sort of an alert from Arlo that tells me that my base station is off-line and I should check it?

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @DG10,

You might have lost power from your base station if it went offline. You can see here if you saw any LED indicating your base station showing offline: What do the LEDs on my Arlo or Arlo Pro base station mean?

And for the second one, looks like we someone who suggested the idea already on our Idea Exchange board. Feel free to view here: Arlo Base Station notification if unpowered

DG10
Star
Star

At the time the base station was indicated as offline, all 3 of the LED's was solid green. There was no idicatio of trouble and the home network was stable with no other devices indicating issues. The base station is plugged into a bettery UPS so there is no intermittant power issues. As far as I can tell, the issue was completely within the Arlo base station or netgear cloud. Rebooting the base station resolved the issue...for now. Because this is a brand new install, it concerns me that this could be an issue going forward.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation