Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BigTex76
Follower
Follower

Sorry, I know this is a long post.

I have a VMB4000r3 base station running the 1.16.2.5_3508_62dfaa0 firmware version. I've got 2 attached Pro 2 cameras. Both of my cameras are between 100 and 150 feet from the base station. I've had my setup for just over a year and while I've had the occasional issues with image quality or cameras disconnecting, they've usually corrected themselves within a few hours. Ever since about Saturday morning, however, I've noticed a few issues that I've thus far been unable to resolve.

1. Cameras are slower to react than normal - If I hit the play option in the app or on the web portal it takes noticeably more time for the cameras to return a live feed

2. Cameras show as disconnected - I think that perhaps this is the base station and not the cameras since both cameras go offline at the same time. What typically happens the last few days is I'll open the app and as soon as I do it'll show that the cameras are disconnected. But if I wait about around 10 seconds then it'll show the usual image for both cameras. Sometimes if I'm viewing footage and then tap the stop icon on the feed the cameras will do this as well. And again, if I wait 10-15 seconds then they'll usually come back. 2-3 times in the last few days I've had to reset the base station as it seemed as if the images wouldn't return after I waited 30+ seconds.

3. Image Distortion - I'm no stranger to seeing these cameras return some distorted images but usually it either corrects itself or if I turn off the camera and turn it back on or cycle the base station that resolves it. And those fixes seem to be working here. The difference is the frequency with which I'm seeing the distortion. Where as before I might see a distorted image every couple of weeks now I'm seeing it a few times a day the last few days. Also, the image distortion is not what I'm used to seeing. Normally, if I see distortion it looks like snow. The last few days I've seen green images returned and what I can only describe as a green curtain for the image.

I've not made any changes to my camera setup or my internet setup in over a year. Nothing has been moved. I haven't recently changed the batteries (one of the cameras is plugged in to a wall jack) and I have not had any electrical issues or network issues. 

One more point to note - I have HomeKit set up and the cameras seem to operate fine when I'm viewing them through the Homekit interface. Getting them to turn live takes less than 5 seconds and is sometimes faster. That's always been the case. I just find it odd that that still works fine yet going through Arlo's app or site it's so slow. I can't say if the image distortion is there when looking through HomeKit's app. I assume it would be but I just haven't experienced it yet. 

Has there been a firmware push in the last few days that could be causing these problems? And if there was and there are known issues with it is Arlo doing anything to address it? 

What other troubleshooting steps should I take? I'm loathe to do a factory reset on my base station. First because I really don't want to have to set things up again but also because no one should ever have to do that. But I will if that's the only possible solution. 

Thanks for reading this far. I appreciate and feedback or comments. 

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Gelissen
Tutor
Tutor
I have exactly the same problem. Have you already received a solution? (4 camera’s, 2 base stations)
Unsatisfied1
Guide
Guide
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Unsatisfied1

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation