Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

PaBa
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I was asked for the Base firmware update today. Since that the Apps and web say the Base is offline. I have tried to switch it off and on, check the cables and Internet connection. Everything is fine, the base has three solid green lines and seems to work perfectly. Still - according the apps it is offline. Any help or suggestions, please?

159 REPLIES 159
unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary
Level 1 support told me that this was the only way but when i explained that I have to get ladders out and then totally reconfigure everything, that I wanted a level 2 support person to tell me this afternoon I cannot be the only one with this issue and I cannot see this as the fix you sure telling everyone.... especially since there are people who have vacation houses and would need to go to the house to now fix the system because you an issue the company made for us. They didn't know what to say and told me level 2 would call me back in an hour, but I never received a call.
Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor

My system is at a holiday home 2 hours away and have had to go 2 weekends in a row to try and get it going with no luck .

On both occasions I have followed the fix instructions .

Delete cameras and basestation from app , reinstall basestation and cameras but still continues to show that firmware for basestation and cameras needs to be installed ..

App and pc shows that there is firmware available to download .

Current firmware :
1.9.8.0_16666

Firmware available to download :
1.10.0.4_20963

I have opened a conversation with support and have given them info on system , serial number , firmware info as above and explained that I have had no issues previously over the past 8 months since installing system UNTILL May 11th when camera went offline and app continues to show that basestation and cameraas offline and need update .

Also preformed full reset via button on back of base and again reinstalled basestation and cameras with same outcome .

Very frustrating and have given all my personal details and email and yet to get a response .

Can somebody please get in touch with me from Netgear .

Further more , my my internet system is all working perfectly , have very good signal strength for the Arlo system and wifi with 10-15mbs download and 3-5 mbs upload .

Please help !!
Thanks ,
Ivan
unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary

They had me remove the base station from my account (my app and web login now show I have nothing).  Then they had me try to have the software FIND the base station, which didnt work.  I am hesitant to do the total reset they are asking me to do, since the cameras are still recording to the USB hard drive so at least I have something until this is fixed.  I hope NETGEAR has a fix that we can manually install to resolve this. 

Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor

Any update on the firmware issue re not being able to be installed , 2 weeks now without system being able to update to the may 11th update

Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor

Current firmware :
1.9.8.0_16666

Firmware available to download but not being able to do so :
1.10.0.4_20963

Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
STILL UNABKE TO DOWN LOAD LATEST FIRMWARE !!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

I have also opened a case with support also and not resolved .

They could see that I’m on old firm ware and cannot explain why my system will not update .

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!
Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
Current firmware :
1.9.8.0_16666

Firmware available to download :
1.10.0.4_20963

WILL NOT DOWNLOAD !!!!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are your Internet speeds as measured by speedtest.net? Slow speeds have caused this.

A worst case solution is to remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. That invariably causes updates to occur.

Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply,

Internet speed shouldnt be an issue I believe in my instance , 10-15 mbs down and 5-7 mbs up on averge .

have reloded phone up

deleleted all devices

removed batteries from cameras and performed full reset of basestation so have had to start all over again

All this has still not helped new firmware from earlier in the month to be loaded

I have had my system from Oct 2017 and has worked absolutley perfectly without fail

This last firmware release has totally made my device useless

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know why this would happen other than a goobered base. Open a case with support here.