Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

PaBa
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I was asked for the Base firmware update today. Since that the Apps and web say the Base is offline. I have tried to switch it off and on, check the cables and Internet connection. Everything is fine, the base has three solid green lines and seems to work perfectly. Still - according the apps it is offline. Any help or suggestions, please?

159 REPLIES 159
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What app? Have you tried a computer browser? Is it still happening?

ArloSuxMore
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had to call . Told them i had followed all the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail. They told me I will need to remove the base station from my app profile then reconnect.

I don’t think they know what is wrong & are fishing for solutions for free from the community.....
Fanofcards25
Tutor
Tutor
All 3 are green ... the middle one for the internet blinks occasionally, but stays green
Lilu
Aspirant
Aspirant
This morning mine still was not working after the reported fix. I had to completely factory reset the entire system and re-sync all the cameras, and redevelop the modes. It worked after that. But what a total pain! If I had not been at home, or didn't have a spare 30-45 minutes to reset it all, I would just be out of a security system. Very inconvenient!
meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

WHY NOT SEND THE ARLOS THE PREVIOUS FIRMWARE put back

I here this problem is about to be reported on Fox Business

mohamedb
Aspirant
Aspirant

ive used my iphone app and browser on my computer...still no go...

Care98bear
Aspirant
Aspirant
thru all the steps they told me I had to delete and resync
Care98bear
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too after the firmware update experienced the same problems. I logged in on pc and could see live few and stayed on it for a few then it did same as on phone app. I called support. They had me try the following 1) on back of base press off the power button and in plug the power cord, wait 2 minuets and plug back in and turn back on. Once all green log in and see if took care.. if not 2) on back of base take needle or paper clip and press in reset button for about 30 secs all lights will go amber. If all turns green login again and see ( my internet stayed Amber and camera too, so had my unplug Ethernet and plug back in... internet turned green camera stayed Amber. If none of this works UNFORTUNATELY you have to sign in go to settings go to my devices and delete then go back and add home base and you will have to re-synced each camera.....( I had to do this) and all is up and running now! A pain!!! Good Luck!’
Care98bear
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too after the firmware update experienced the same problems. I logged in on pc and could see live few and stayed on it for a few then it did same as on phone app. I called support. They had me try the following 1) on back of base press off the power button and in plug the power cord, wait 2 minuets and plug back in and turn back on. Once all green log in and see if took care.. if not 2) on back of base take needle or paper clip and press in reset button for about 30 secs all lights will go amber. If all turns green login again and see ( my internet stayed Amber and camera too, so had my unplug Ethernet and plug back in... internet turned green camera stayed Amber. If none of this works UNFORTUNATELY you have to sign in go to settings go to my devices and delete then go back and add home base and you will have to re-synced each camera.....( I had to do this) and all is up and running now! A pain!!! Good Luck!’
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

It took 4-6 times of re-starting my Base to bring back all my 5-cams from Offline.. It may take less if you have less cams.. I was getting a series of 2-cams(online), 3-cams(offline) or 1-cam(offline) and 4-cams(online) during the re-set process until it finally brought back all online.. 

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

reseting the base is not an option !

I would have to do intire setup geo fencing etc etc etc NO WAY

I have 15 cameras this is not acceptable SEND PREVIOUS FIRMWARE BACK IN

i think could be looking at a some kind of lawsuit its been 24 hours and no fixes

have called support 2 times and no help

mohamedb
Aspirant
Aspirant

so i disconnected everything, home base and cameras... my base is offline and will not connect. 2 LED's are working, power and the internet... I cant connect anything!!! i followed all the steps...my Home Base flickers between 'offline' and 'getting information'... anyone else have same issue?

macjohn
Guide
Guide

Today is the 2nd day showing "base station is offline". no recordings yesterday or today. The base station LED is solid green;

there is an ethernet connection from my router to my base station, but still receive the "offline" prompt. I have done all the

suggested solutions from the Troubleshooting forums, but nothing solves it. There was a red warning banner earlier today noting that the cloud server was having issues, but there is no such banner at this time. Is there something wrong on Arlo's

end or is it my base station. My router is working perfectly fine and the other ethernet/wi-fi connected devices work normally.

Thank you.

Peretti
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem since they had a "firmware" update yesterday.  I have tried everything except a factory reset.  I have a USB in the base and it is recording from the cameras, but it does not show on my phone or computer and I have no "Settings" or Mode on the screen.  All lights are green on the base, but it doesn't sych to the computer, but I can go live and see the picture on the computer??

CandS
Aspirant
Aspirant
2 out of 4 Arlo Pro Cameras offline since yesterday, we have four cameras, 3 linked to one base station (only 2 of the cameras are online, 1 offline) and 1 camera linked to another base station., this camera is offline.
VMB4000 basestations x 2
Firmware 1.10.0.4_20963
Arlo Pro cameras
Firmware: 1.092.0.13_19715
Service provider BT
iOS
All lights are green and basestations appear to be working normally. However, yesterday 1 camera repeatedly went offline, the message stating: This arlo device is offline, please make sure it is connected to the internet. Now 1 of the trio of cameras linked to the other base is periodically going offline too with the same error message. This just isn’t good enough, these cameras are extremely expensive here in the UK and we expect a better service for something that cost so much in the first place, stating ‘resolved’ on the post when it so obviously isn’t is only going to make your customers even more frustrated than they already are! The fact that I have spent most of the day up and down ladders, rebooting basestations and logging into the modem only to find this post, has made me even more annoyed than I was to start with! When can we expect a fix that actually works? @ChristineT
FGurn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue since yesterday, it is fustrating. I even did the factory reset and that did not help. Hopefully they can get it back online soon.

macjohn
Guide
Guide
Thanks.... I suppose it’s somewhat ok that I know I’m not alone; quite frustrating; would think Netgear would figure it out after this long. Sigh!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your continued patience as we continue to investigate issues that select customers are currently experiencing with their base station being offline. 

For those of you who have reported your case and provided us with your serial number, please check your base station to confirm that it is now online. 

If you still have an open case with your Arlo device, please know that our team is continuing to work around the clock to investigate and will provide updates as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your understanding.

The Arlo Team

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not alone... same here and I've been doing it for 3 yrs now.

Not much to do on user end till it gets fixed far end

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Peretti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Take heart!  After trying everything, with nothing working, about 1:00 West Coast, it starting miraculously working.  Hope yours does too.

Aznsorpor
Tutor
Tutor
I checked on both my phone (samsung android) and the web. Both shows my cameras and base station as offline but I can see the cameras that have been shared with me from another user.
Chris_Liu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ChristineT @DawnM ,

My arlo base station has been gone offline for more than 36 hours.

Can this be rectified ASAP?

I am using iOS .2.5.0 app.

Error is base station is offline.

Live view can be viewed from web version on a computer.

PIR detection is not working.

Model of the base station is VMB3010r2

If you need my serial number, i sent it to ChristineT as a PM earlier this morning.

I'm based in Australia with ISP from TPG

please fix it ASAP.

This issue is not resolved

Thanks

Chris

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Here's another thread on here regarding the issue

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Arlo-Base-Station-Appearing-Offline/m-p/1569578#M488

I think that there were a couple of arlo people Christine T and Dawn M that were escalating with the tech support, maybe try and contact them.

Fanofcards25
Tutor
Tutor
Just an update. After doing everything I could to reboot, and getting no solutions, I did remove my device and add it back. I am not sure what version I had before the issue, or if an update was even run, but after adding my device back I was able to get my cameras back up and running like it was. It even saved my settings so I didn’t have to redo them. All parties with access to my arlo are working too.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but this seemed to do the trick for My House. Good luck y’all
FGurn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still nothing, still reads "Your base station is offline". this has been going on for two days. Why did they not test the firmware before sending it out and frustration people. The price it cost for this system, you would think they would have capable techs working there. Tomorrow will be day three and to think I was gonna buy more cameras and pay for this service. Ridiculous!