Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMarty
Star
Star
Anyone else got a broke system? As of Friday morning sometime, my Arlo Pro2 cameras have stopped shoeing a live view, recording movement, etc. They show as connected. - I have done NO CHANGES prior to the working Arlo system. I believe this to be a buggy server push to my base station. - Removed cameras and base station. - Added base station and cameras as new devices (twice) - rebooted/cycled modem/router and Arlo Base station for 11 minutes (3 times) - IOS devices say "Cannot connect to cameras ) they time out. PC running WINDOWS 10 error is attached as image file to this post. Basically gives me a media server error. - All Arlo firmware is up to date. I called Arlo support to file a ticket but if this is not sorted in 48 hours I'm dumping this back to Best Buy. I didn't buy a security system to have it not function!
161 REPLIES 161
Phil-S
Guide
Guide

well I don't think it is the recording process per se. I think it might be an issue of the base station communicating to arlo's servers. I have the footage locally recorded.  Things seem to all work within the house. I can check the status of the cameras, turn them off, etc. And if their app connected directly to the cameras when on your wifi rather than hoping to their servers I suspect the live viewing and other things would still work too.

myntric
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue.  Noticed Thursday that activity notifications and recorded segments were not there.  Directly correlated to the firmware update/push from Arlo.  Spent an hour and a half via chat with support performing ridiculous troubleshooting steps repeatedly (unplug, try a different outlet, re-sync, etc.) only to find out in the end the Arlo team is aware of the issue and working on it.

What's odd is I have two VMB4000r3 base station (at two locations) with 4 Pro2 H3 camera's attached to each all with the same firmware and it's only happening to set (base station / 4 cameras).

ayodele500
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello all

Need a solution

After updating the firmware of my Arlo Pro 2 Base station two days ago, I noticed that:

1. I can no longer play a live feed of all my 5 Arlo Pro Cameras. Once I click on the play button, it tries connecting but is always unsuccessful

2. There are no recordings of all my cameras since I updated the firmware

I have done so many things to fix these problems, but without any success

I deleted my Base station and did the connection again and syncing of the cameras all over again. I’ve also tried removing the batteries and restarting. I’ve ensured that my base station is on “armed mode” with recording option set

Has anyone had similar problem and what was the solution?

Thank you
cjtriolo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, many people are reporting a similar problem.  I'm seeing different reports from others that claim they are "working on it".  It's been 3 days...still not resolution.  

Dannybear
Master
Master
So the workaround did not resolve the issue.
I live in the pacific region so don’t have the time zone issue.
I recall reading that the Europe region has had prior server issues with time zones about two weeks ago.
cjtriolo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think it's a server issue.  Lots of people having the SAME problem . I'm assuming that Arlo is aware and trying to fix.  And yet most people are saying that they've heard nothing from Arlo.  I'm surprised that they don't post some kind of general update to all of us so that A) they can stop wasting time with their support reps and B)save us all from wasting hours trying to troubleshoot everything.  At this point, with 3 days outage, and no updates from Arlo,  for me, it's reached the point of unacceptable. 

MikeR-Pro2
Tutor
Tutor

It is a NETGEAR problem, even if it involves your equipment.  Firmware has been pushed out to our equipment and/or NETGEAR has changed things at the host server.  Now we are left with non-functioning gear.

You will find that you can not use the "Camera positioning" device utility.  This requires streaming camera video through the Arlo host media server.  You can use the camera "Video Settings" feature and get a live view since this transpires on your local network.

If you have not done so, I hope and urge EVERYONE who is suffering from this to telephone Arlo support to register their problem and get an official case number.  Faster resolution may occur when NETGEAR/Arlo realizes that the number of users that are suffering is large enough to deploy adequate resources.  An official case number may also be of assistance if/when we pursue class action in this matter.

fredWO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here in the Netherlands exactly the same issue, last visable recording on my mobile around 2:00 19/20 april nigth. It look like a firmware update pushed between 3 -5 killed a specific internet connecting and now they are stuck with the maeger mobile connection to correct.  Videos are still recorded  on my USB disk but a reconfiguration from scratch and endless reboots and syncs did not help.

The communication from the Arlo compagny is completely inadequate, I like the product but seeing the stock price last months and now experincing this, I fear the worst.  I am willing to accept some outage as fact of life but with no official response from Arlo this is completely unacceptable.  

orangealum
Star
Star

I had the same issue this morning.  Glad it wasn’t my equipment.  However, I fixed the issue by unplugging the base and reconnecting the wall plug.  Hopefully it stays fixed.

@cjtriolo wrote:

I think it's a server issue.  Lots of people having the SAME problem . I'm assuming that Arlo is aware and trying to fix.  And yet most people are saying that they've heard nothing from Arlo.  I'm surprised that they don't post some kind of general update to all of us so that A) they can stop wasting time with their support reps and B)save us all from wasting hours trying to troubleshoot everything.  At this point, with 3 days outage, and no updates from Arlo,  for me, it's reached the point of unacceptable. 

TheMarty
Star
Star

This is classic case of a bad firmware rollout without proper QA. Nest used to pull this crap when I bought my thermostat 7 years ago. I'd get a TXT from my wife at home that the heat was off (Canadian wintertime) and the thermostat shpwed an error. Doing nothing fixed the issue when they rolled out a firmware fix.

It seems Arlo devlopers on are on Easter holiday and they don't care their customers have no working product.

Phil-S
Guide
Guide

I finally came to my senses and physically killed the power to the arlo device and then booted it back up. Seems I'm good to go for now. I suspect the issue might have been due to something like DNS caching if that fixes it. We'll see if it sticks

linda185
Star
Star

I did that too. Took everything out, waited and it worked... for a couple of hours. This is soooo annoying..

Ginuwine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called, and i will call them EVERY day Monday thur Friday until they get this fixed.

dugger
Initiate
Initiate

Same issues here.  I have multiple Pro2 cameras and 4 arlo q cameras.   I've tried resetting my entire network to no avail.   I am able to see live video on the Arlo Q's but not on any of my arlo pro cameras.   I can see all the cameras on the app and website, but I cannot do live feed just for the Arlo Pro 2's.   This seems to have started around 3 days ago.  It seems to be a netgear firmware issue.  The app was updated on 4/12/19 and everything was working fine still after that.   Hopefully Netgear corrects this problem soon.

ArloUser52
Guide
Guide

Since 4-19-19 until now 4-21-19, all five of my arlo pro cameras have failed to connect or unable to connect to the media server. I have rebooted, unplugged, reset, and resynced all the cameras, router and base station numerous times thru out the last two days and still cannot view live stream or connect to the media server. I have gotten zero recordings and my system has been unusable during this time. All devices show up on the latest arlo phone app and when login in online. All  firmware and hardware for the cameras and the base station is up to date. I am out of ideas and dont know what else to do at this point.

ARLO-USER12121
Initiate
Initiate

I am in the exact same situation as the poster above and have been through the same steps over and over again.  ZERO success. Imagine if someone's house is robbed and Arlo is supposed to be recording all of this.  They need to get out in front of this issue and be very public and informative of what has happened and what  they are doing to resolve it.  Yet, I have not seen anything from them other than some isolated trouble ticket reports.  Has anyone seen any info on this from Arlo?

linda185
Star
Star

Totally agree. They know the problems and should be addressing it. I got a case number but didn’t hear anything anymore since I told them this problem is way more serious than they make it look like. They told me to reinstall the whole system before they would help me... duh. Glad I didn’t cause that would not have solved anything. 

Jaq
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can't view the live feed of arlo pro 2 these past few days. The base station is probably the issue. It keeps changing the time zone to the wrong one. After a full reset, the time zone fixed but recording and live stream are still fine for a few hours then brake again. Basically the system has been unusable.
oddmud
Guide
Guide
You guys, it’s a firmware issue. Not your cameras. It will hopefully be resolved ASAP.
bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice
Anyone else having this? Suddenly all my cameras I cannot view them and they will not record. Internet is working fine rebooted the router a few times and rebooted Arlo base a few times. No luck. I can see the little black man in the camera but when you try and view you get device failed. Please try again. Could it be a firewall issue or is the base fried? I can reboot it and go into all settings.
bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo Chat does not seem to produce anything. either. Is this a scam or somthing?

bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why is the support email so bloody hard to find also?? What are you hiding from?? Anyway turned down the firewall and rebooted and all came back. I have been using the same firewall setting for ever so not sure why this started suddenly. What ports does Arlo use? I would like to turn my firewall back up and allow the ports Arlo uses only. ? Chat never did work. As I say cameras suddenly back working after I posted this. Odd.

tsmorgan
Initiate
Initiate

Same here. I get motion detection notices but no captured recordings and not able to access cameras remotely. The app just gives me the perpetual spinning green wheel. Very Disheartening especially when I am trying to check on the detected motion.

Ratzo
Initiate
Initiate
Same thing has happened here! Reading the input of others, this is happening everywhere! If anyone figured it out please post!
Dannybear
Master
Master
From what I’ve been reading it is limited to the Europe time zones, I’m in the pacific and don’t have the issue, if it was in the US then it would be fixed by now.