Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMarty
Star
Star
Anyone else got a broke system? As of Friday morning sometime, my Arlo Pro2 cameras have stopped shoeing a live view, recording movement, etc. They show as connected. - I have done NO CHANGES prior to the working Arlo system. I believe this to be a buggy server push to my base station. - Removed cameras and base station. - Added base station and cameras as new devices (twice) - rebooted/cycled modem/router and Arlo Base station for 11 minutes (3 times) - IOS devices say "Cannot connect to cameras ) they time out. PC running WINDOWS 10 error is attached as image file to this post. Basically gives me a media server error. - All Arlo firmware is up to date. I called Arlo support to file a ticket but if this is not sorted in 48 hours I'm dumping this back to Best Buy. I didn't buy a security system to have it not function!
161 REPLIES 161
oddmud
Guide
Guide

I've had these for several months, and have loved them up until now. Yesterday I charged and reinstalled on of two of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras. Wouldn't connect.

**The only other thing I've done on my network, was update my printer IP recently on my other work PC. No changes were made, just updated the IP software side.

I've rebooted, de-batteried, reset, resync, re-add cameras. It all goes well and looks like it's connected and going to work fine. But when you hit live, it sits there trying to connect. It also does not record anything, but it will send me motion notifications. So we know it's 100% software issues here.

If I go into the activity zones in the settings, I can view video, or at least it does a current image capture just fine, so the camera itself works.

What really frustrates me here, when I do a reset, it never really resets anything. It still shows me an image from 12 hours ago when I get it all setup. It's retaining information.

What do I do? I'm not super concerned as I bought these at Costco and they'll take a return no problem. However, I would hate to have to do all that waste if I can fix it myself. I should be able to fix it myself.

Jason

danherres
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cant connect to cameras ia laptop (mozilla and internet explorer) and android app. bad time Netgear!!

oddmud
Guide
Guide

Did you get the update with HomeKit installation? That's what screwed up my system. None of my cameras work, even though it sets up fine.

oddmud
Guide
Guide

Hey Guys,

This may be related to the Homekit setup installation hang. Did your app try and update?

johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

Base unit updated to new firmware and keep getting NOT ONLINE message for my base station and cameras.. Release nots says to fix going offline. Never had a problem before now they say they fixed it and NO this is the cause

vpnmand
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem
Cajunlawyer24
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the exact same issue. I can log into account and see video feed on settings for camera but cannot see it on mobile phone and it is not detecting movement. Help.

ccapitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem started on 04/19/2019

Equipment:

Arlo Base:

Model: VMB400r3

Serial: 4R03757DA567F

Firmware: 1.12.2.0_2794

Arlo Camera:

Models: H8 (Pro) & H4 (Pro2)

Firmware:

H4 1.125.13.0_31717

H8 1.092.0.19_26228

Fereydoon
Guide
Guide

Thanks for all the replies.

I have the app and I have also tried to connect using a browser (Safari, Chrome, IE). they all behave the same. After a minute of spinning, it comes back and says it cannot connect to Media server! I can see the camera status, for instance the batter level but I just cannot connect to any of them. Very disappointed in Arlo!

oddmud
Guide
Guide
Are you reading the other answers? It’s the firmware dude. Wait it out.
Fereydoon
Guide
Guide

My app version is 2.7.7 which was released April 9. However, everything was working just fine until the day before yesterday!

TheMarty
Star
Star

Methinks this is buggy and was a forced server push: H4 1.125.13.0_31717

Since I didn't make any changes, I cannot see how this is anything but an Arlo caused issue.

@ccapitan wrote:

Same problem started on 04/19/2019

Equipment:

Arlo Base:

Model: VMB400r3

Serial: 4R03757DA567F

Firmware: 1.12.2.0_2794

Arlo Camera:

Models: H8 (Pro) & H4 (Pro2)

Firmware:

H4 1.125.13.0_31717

H8 1.092.0.19_26228

MikeR-Pro2
Tutor
Tutor

Exact same problem here in London Ontario.  All equipment (base station plus 3 cameras) worked AOK then ceased normal ops as of end-of-day 2019-04-18.  Removed cameras, rebooted cameras & base - no joy.  NetGear, get your end into gear plz.  I do not need nor want another plastic paper weight.

kdiaz6762
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also experiencing this problem for the last 2 days. I am trying a new base now and the firmware install is taking forever. should I wait it out? Is anyone back online yet?

oddmud
Guide
Guide
Nope.
Cajunlawyer24
Initiate
Initiate

Been on phone with technical support for over an hour. Had me do exactly what everyone else has done and still no resolution. Frustration level is increasing. My home system is fine and I can access all cameras but my office system are stuck with images from the 18th. 

vpnmand
Tutor
Tutor

Hi
I have 5 cameras Pro 2 that are both type H3 and H4 that cannot display live imagery. I am sitting in Denmark

Yours sincerely

Jesper

Chengsf
Tutor
Tutor
I have suddenly lost connection to my Arlo Pro2 cameras 1 day ago. When trying to access the cameras on my Arlo app, I get the error message "The device failed to connect. Please try again." Having repeatedly tried to connect to the cameras over the past 2 days, the error seems to be persistent. Attempts to fix: 1) Rebooted the Arlo Base Station, via application and also powered off 2) Removed and reconnected the camera devices with the base station 3) Ensured cameras are fully charged 4) Confirmed internet connection is available Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Appreciate any tips on how this can be resolved. Thanks in advance.
D_Hoque
Star
Star
Experiencing the same issue since this new base station firmware release cameras have become unusable. Have reset both base station, router, new Ethernet cable etc issue still remains ;-(
linda185
Star
Star
My Arlo Pro 2 does not record to library any more. I do get notifications that there is movement. Everything is set right. Except the time zone. Happened a couple of times today. I did a restart, took power and internet off and turned the base station off and on. It only helped for a couple of hours, then it starts again..
oddmud
Guide
Guide
Did the HomeKit try an install? There was an update causing everyone to have issues right now.
Chengsf
Tutor
Tutor

No I don’t have HomeKit.  Did you mean the base station?  It’s on the latest firmware 1.12.2.0-2794

Ginuwine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like there are lot of this in the same boat.  Most like a software push like many others said, this is really unacceptable.  Glad i didn't throw away the box, i maybe taking these back as well.  Although this is the first outage since i've owne them, better be fixed quickly.

Chengsf
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue.  Lost ability to connect to the cameras or receive notifications since a day or two ago.  Rebooted twice, removed and reconnected cameras, fully charged batteries, strongest internet bandwidth available and still not able to get it to work. Able to set off siren, change camera settings, turn it on and off, but no live view.  Hopefully a new firmware update will be released soon.

Dannybear
Master
Master
What error do you get when you try the live view?
If you have access to the camera’s video settings using the web browser, try resetting the pinch and zoom option.