Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMarty
Star
Star
Anyone else got a broke system? As of Friday morning sometime, my Arlo Pro2 cameras have stopped shoeing a live view, recording movement, etc. They show as connected. - I have done NO CHANGES prior to the working Arlo system. I believe this to be a buggy server push to my base station. - Removed cameras and base station. - Added base station and cameras as new devices (twice) - rebooted/cycled modem/router and Arlo Base station for 11 minutes (3 times) - IOS devices say "Cannot connect to cameras ) they time out. PC running WINDOWS 10 error is attached as image file to this post. Basically gives me a media server error. - All Arlo firmware is up to date. I called Arlo support to file a ticket but if this is not sorted in 48 hours I'm dumping this back to Best Buy. I didn't buy a security system to have it not function!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

On Friday 4/19/19 we released firmware for base station models – VMB4000, VMB3500 and VMB3000. Some customers have reported seeing error messages when live streaming and issues receiving motion recordings. Due to these reports, we are rolling back this release to the previous firmware version (1.12.0.1_27940) while we investigate these issues.

If you begin experiencing one or more of these symptoms, please power cycle your base station and confirm that your firmware has reverted to v1.12.0.1_27940 – found under Device settings. To power cycle, choose the ‘restart’ option under your Device settings within the Arlo app or by unplugging and re-plugging power to your base station.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you are still experiencing these issues.

Thank you,

Arlo Team

View solution in original post

161 REPLIES 161
Mikey2Bats
Guide
Guide

Hub VMB3010r2 firmware 1.12.0.1_27940 Did the update today or so I thought because when I went back into my app it again popped up and said the base had an update available so for the second time i clicked on it. Now the hub shows up but my cameras just say getting status? How long does this take and is anyone else having issues? Seems like lately with Arlo, "if it'snot broken let's break it."

dfaris
Guide
Guide

my arlo cameras (all 17) cannot be accessed by my app, I have 5 base stations. Everything worked until sometime betwen 4am and 5am EDT this morning. No notifications, unable to view  camera.. I called support at 830 am and eventually was told several people are having similar probelms and it must be their server. They can tell my camers and base station are online.  I have rebooted the base station several time from the app and by unplugging and replugging. Makes no difference.

I would like to know if the server software is being worked on and when this problem is likely to be fixed. I have used the cameras without incident for several years.

Txbakers
Guide
Guide

My cameras stopped recording between 3:00 - 4:00am CDT. Upon opening the app this morning, it would not met me access anything before performing a firmware update. A few minutes after starting the firmware update the app said my base station was not connected to the internet. I did the things you did and have had no success. I have three green lights on my base station. Just wanted you to know you’re not alone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the base?

theITrebel
Guide
Guide

I've had the same problem, so I'm glad to see it isn't just me. I've had the issue in the past where I'd have to restart the base station every couple of months so figured it was that. After trying that a few times today and still nothing, I gave up. Not sure what good a security camera system does if it randomly goes out like this. NOT VERY HELPFUL ARLO! Really disappointed in outages of what some consider a key component to their family's safety.

Update: 8:20pm CDT Looks like they just started working again!

waihesian
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of the cameras has stopped notifying of motion and recording in library!! Also now the mode section on the app has disappeared!
Braceman
Guide
Guide

Hi, This is Braceman.  I have the same problem you have; no camera's, can't access my app, system says  I have more than five camera's (only have 2), this since the latest  firmware for the system (19th),  I have not had pictures in my library and no geofencing but receive alerts and video's by email since a firmware update last January 5th.

Wishing you Good Luck in getting the problem corrected.  Most times it seems no one really cares about fixing the problems caused by the updates but they keep pushing their products!

LJ66
Guide
Guide
Since what appears to be a firmware update to the base station last night (Firmware is now 1.12.2.0_2794), I have not been able to connect to any of my cameras for video. Also I am not getting motion notifications. Using the Arlo App/Login, I can get the information/status for each camera. I can sync the camera to the base station with no issues. But I cannot get live video, nor can I get video via the Device Utilities Camera Positioning option. I know prior to this problem that all cameras were working as I have just gone (last couple of days) thru the process of recharging all the camera batteries. Also I am not experiencing any internet connection issues. I can also with no issues view my Arlo library videos...
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not working for the Arlo Pro's as well...

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-is-no-longer-recording-to-my-library-LIVE-view-failures/...

I escalted this and nothing from them.. They said "engineering is reviewing"...

It has been 24 hours and some customer ARLO are not recording any motion! LIVE view does not work. I am about to throw these Arlo's in the trash and get a Ring or a Blink system. This is complete downtime for us having this issue...

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-is-no-longer-recording-to-my-library-LIVE-view-failures/...

It has been 24 hours and some customer ARLO are not recording any motion! LIVE view does not work. I am about to throw these Arlo's in the trash and get a Ring or a Blink system. This is complete downtime for us having this issue...

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

XtremeLZY
Aspirant
Aspirant

As shown in the figure, the web version and the app are blank and cannot play the recording. The live function is normal, only the USB flash disk can be plugged into the computer to see the recording. I tried to log in again, reset the router, remove arlo and reconnect, but the problem still remains unresolved, Case #40815057, I found the customer service but I have not responded yet.

1.jpg3.jpg微信图片_20190420104958.jpg

Dannybear
Master
Master
So just to confirm that your not getting any recordings from the camera in the cloud library but they appear in the USB, correct?
What is the length of the recordings you get on the USB?
Is the camera battery only or powered?
What is the record setting in the camera rule for the mode that was used?
XtremeLZY
Aspirant
Aspirant

1. Yes, but only in usb can see, I tried to cancel the usb local storage, only use the cloud storage, but also can not play
2. The recording length is determined by Arlo himself, and there are tens of seconds and a minute or two.
3.battery only
4. The first mode, motion and audio detection is turned on
I have been using arlo for a few months, and the fault has only appeared in the last week.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Just confirm that the recording duration in the rules is set for the default of recording until motion stops.
I noticed in the Arlo Pro section of the forum that others have a similar issue an that this could be a arlo server or firewall problem.
XtremeLZY
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried turning off the firewall of the router, but it was still useless.

Fereydoon
Guide
Guide
All of a sudden I am not able to connect any of my 3 cameras. When I try I get the following message after a few minutes: "there was a problem establishing a connection to the media server". Any idea what is going on? I have restarted the base, re-synched the cameras and even removed and re-added the device. Nothing seems to make a difference.
BraCuru
Aspirant
Aspirant

one of my cameras arlo pro 2 stopped a motion detection. It detects only by audio.
I did not change anything in settings.
I can watch it live, take snaphot and record video manually. 
The camera works well except the detection.

any help appreciated

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you think that your issue is unrelated to the ones described on the other forum section.

Maybe try resetting the pinch and zoom feature in the camera video settings and staying as full screen.
Delete any activity zones if implemented.
Delete any rules that use the camera and re-add them to see if the issue gets resolved. I have no evidence that this will fix it but might be worth a try.
XtremeLZY
Aspirant
Aspirant

still not work

Dannybear
Master
Master
It does sound to me that this is an video engine disconnect issue similar to what other users are reporting, although you have had it previously for sometime already.
This is likely to be isolated to one of Arlo’s servers and why we all don’t get the issue. Not much comfort I imagine.

Can anyone else help out?
XtremeLZY
Aspirant
Aspirant

No,the problem is still unresolved

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using app ? If so, try on a browser at https://arlo.netgear.com

Also, what is your upload speed?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
abebaby24
Guide
Guide

you are not the only one that has this problem. mine started yesterday around 4 am