Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
colbywilson12
Tutor
Tutor

In the last 5 days or so I've started experiencing this issue. I read this forum last night and followed the "solve" steps. I removed all my devices (base station and two cameras) from the app. I turned off the base station and reset it. It took me a few times, but the base station finally connected to the internet and I got it added back. I reconnected the two cameras and all was working well....for about two hours. The base station has disconnected again. Between this and the "cannot complete operation" fiasco from the last couple of months I am done with Arlo. This is absolutely ridiculous. 

Lesley_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hope that someone can help me.  I just purhased the Arlo Pro 2 system.  I have installed it following the diretions and updated all the firmware.

The problem is that it is always going offline and doesn't come back without a hard reset (sometimes takes several hard resets on each device, 2 cameras and a base station)

We have satellite intenet and it does go down in storms etc. but shouldn't the devices reset and resynch when the internet comes back up?  I have not found a way to reset them remotely.  I have the app on my iphone and I also use the internet app on my laptop.

Any suggestions would be helpful.  I am deaf and cannot call support and they do not seem to answer the chat (it goes "connecting to an agent and stays there...)

Thank

Look4Answ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Discovered while traveling that VMB4000 Base Station intermittently goes offline; but comes back online after random number of days, possibly associated with a motion detection.  Checked installed firmware (remotely) as 1.12.2.4_2772 (June2019).  Latest available appears to be 1.14.02_2776 (Aug2019), but that does not seem to be auto-installing on my system.   Am unable to troubleshoot while traveling, but I can ping my LAN remotely and verify that internet is working and no power outage at times that base station is offline.  I always use PC to access Live View, not a mobile App.   System has been in service 1.5 years.  This problem just started approx 2 weeks ago.  Cameras are on AC power (not battery) but that should not affect Base Station anyway.

Look4Answ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Noticed this topic after opening a new converstion for the same issue.  Have discovered this prolem while traveling July - Aug, so problem may have started in June at same time as this thread and I didn't notice.  A point not mentioned in these posts so far is that my Base Station comes back online after random number of days, possibly associated with a motion detection event.  Since I am traveling I am not able to troubleshoot, but I have verified my LAN power and internet connection are OK when Base Station is offline.

Patuba
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's August and I'm still having issues with my basestation going offline everyday with no reason and no answers from Arlo support.

Time to look at a new camera system!

MarkLa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you have external USB drives connected? If so, I believe that is what's causing the issue. 

jiress
Guide
Guide
I have connected USB Drive. I'll try to connect it a let know if the issue continues. Thank you for your advice.
Ribbit74
Tutor
Tutor

Pulling out the USB drive didn't help my base station. Still shows offline in the app despite all green lights indicating otherwise.

But I finally solved the problem by getting a Ring floodlight camera. 😛

I'm going to sell my two Arlo Pro cameras as they still work.

MarkLa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Disconnect your USB drives until Arlo figures out the issue.

colbywilson12
Tutor
Tutor

@MarkLa wrote:

Do you have external USB drives connected? If so, I believe that is what's causing the issue. 

No USB drives connected 

JackVan14
Aspirant
Aspirant

No straight onto their server 

AlaskaFairie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having same issues. About to toss all 5 cameras and base station off the ything was working fine until about 10 days ago when I left on vacation. Grrrrr!

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you’re having the base firmware offline issue then a power cycle will be required to get it working again or try waiting for a few hours for it to come good. If it does come back by itself then you may have to manually resync the camera’s.
It’s likely to happen again the same time the next day.
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

I really can't beleive this issue is still going on.... Arlo releases an update to incorporate HomeKit - and there's absolutely no mention of the fact that probably 50% or more of Arlo Pro 2 - VMB4000 - users have a totally bunk system that is still going offline since the May update..... Its almost like they are alwasy behind the 8-ball trying to keep promises they've made - and are only focused on new implimentations and not fixing the bugs that are introduced along the way with their shotty updates....

I've had a ticket in with "tier 2 support" for 2 months - and literally have not even received and update via phone or email.... I called once a few weeks ago - and was told someone would follow up. I never even heard back....

@JamesC is there any updates on this issue?? Its so widespread and just need resolution at this point... Thanks for any help

Cokerman
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station shows offline. I’ve taken all recommended action in this community (remove all devices, reset, try to add base station, etc) to no avail.  Could it be  I simply have a bad base station?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Happens to me everytime I open the app. Your device appears to be offline. NONSENSE! I close the app and open it again and then everything loads. EVERY SINGLE TIME I open the app it does this. I do not have one single apple device so it has nothing to do with apple or homekit. It does this on wifi and 4gLTE. Does it if I'm home, if I'm at work, if I'm 100 miles away, does it everytime. Did all normal troubleshooting, restarts, clear cache, clear data, uninstall app notjing fixes it. Android BTW.

The problem is not on thr end users side. The arlo servers and data centers are overloaded, that is why it happens. My sources at Microsoft who have sources at amazon (aws) tell me that same thing. Overloaded servers.

AlaskaFairie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have powered off, reset, and removed, numerous times, resultly in a waste of so many hours. This system worked fine until the firmware update of July 26. I decided to try again today, after a few days. Now it won’t even find my base station. I am extremely frustrated with this system and the lack of support. They really ought to fix this. I am not the only person having this problem!

Lmeinert
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like dozens of others I am having this same problem and the most frustrating thing is that  tech support not only has no solutions and no ideas, they also are unaware that this is a problem reported by many, many users.  Like others, I am returning this useless system to CostCo wherer I bought it a week ago.

jiress
Guide
Guide
I had a issues with the base station which goes offline almost every day. I had a USB connected into b.s., too. I followed the advice of one from the users here. Unconnected the USB - first at app and then physically from the base station. In my case it works. I haven't the b.s.offline since I did it - over 5days ’knock knock’.
Muchkin
Star
Star

My base station was also going offline.  I removed my local storage USB flash drive and it did improve things.  However, it's still not perfect.  My base station still goes offline, but not as frequently and for much shorter periods.  As in maybe once a day or once every two days, and only for a minute at a time.  I tried emailing Arlo twice about this issue and not a peep back.  I really hope they fix this so I can resume my local storage.

Dannybear
Master
Master
My original base station goes offline regularly twice a day at the same time with or without the USB backup devices installed. Although without the USB the base recovers quicker but the siren hardware fails and so only a power cycle of the base gets it working again until the next lockup occurs the next day.
I changed over to a brand new base station recently and confirmed that it also fell over twice a day but at a different time to the original base station.
I then added the original base to the network just as a additional siren with the USB installed and it has not gone offline since.
In my opinion this confirms that the USB is not causing the offline issue and it is likely that the arlo server is triggering the base lockups conditions regularly.
jiress
Guide
Guide
I noticed that It occurs only on the base station with the siren. My 2nd basic base station for arlo hd, without the siren, works without any problems as connection problems or resetting. But I haven't this problem on b.s.with the siren before the update which solved the loading video problems.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Both my bases are model VMB4000r3. As the siren hardware is affected along with the USB it might be related.
My understanding is that the “operation cannot be completed” issue was resolved with a server update by arlo.
The offline issue appeared for me after a base firmware update back in May, three firmware updates ago. The second last update resolved the Timezone changing issue after the offline event occurred.
christopher1953
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo cameras worked great before they installed the NBN.

Now the base station goes off line almost every day. The cameras sometimes are off line whilst the base station is still online. Either way, they have to be brought back inside and synced again with the base station which I have to disconect and re-connect to my router almost every day. When the base station is off line, sometimes the green light is on, sometimes there is no light at all.

I've removed the base station and the cameras before and hard re-set the base station, connected it all up again and waited. I think they lasted 3 days. I have no computer knowledge so I don't know anything about checking the router etc. As I said, before the NBN all good, after the NBN, not good at all.

I can't keep doing this. My internet provider says wifi is working as I have it on my other devices without any issues. Is there anything else I can do? Base station VMB3000, 3 cameras and a doorbell.

Klaasmans
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same thing twice now. "The base station is offline, make sure it is connected to the internet" bla bla bla.

Three green lights, my router indicates it is connected properly and it has worked normal fro about half a year. About a month ago this message first appeared. I have then tried to reboot the base station as well as my router and the only that helped was removing all devices including the base station within the app and adding them one by one. Then putting back in all schedules and parameters for recording; everything back to normal...

4 days ago, same message appeared. All indications the same and nothing helped just like before, except removing everything and adding it again.

This is a serious pain. Even in case of a power interruption or network problem, the base station (or system as a whole) should be able to come back online without this nonsense of having to delete and re-add all devices every time.

Sure, it is fine if it is a hiccup for once but reading other users' threads here i'm not alone. 

I have 3 cams connected now and 2 still in their boxes, but am hesitant to mount and add them now. 

I think it is important to realize the app says the base station is offline, while in fact it isnt. Netgear should get this sorted. There's plenty of similar threads here.

My neighbor was enthusiastic about my setup and now i'm going to tell hem to hold his horses or get a different brand. Sad...