Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hasevery one of you logged a bug via an open case? This is a user forum, not official support. 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

maggie6983
Tutor
Tutor

And Arlo still has nothing to offer, including honesty about this happening to many users...deny anyone else has the problem and only offers to help you reset...since I am not stupid I can reset just fine... just need it to stop happening... no reply from CS, no admission they are having a problem... I just cancelled an upgrade to 4 ultras and a new base station...  not planning on spending any more money until they start treating customers with a little respect...

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

someone call the news media!!

Graygeez
Initiate
Initiate

I have an Arlo Pro 2 System in London which is set up to pick up external motion and one in Manchester (UK) which is set up for internal. The first has many recordings each day - the second is in an empty house and so only records when I visit. The first has been resetting to UTC-8 almost every other night for the last week, the recordings appear in the library mixed in with the previous days' recordings, but only after I reset the time zone. The second system has never reset the time zone. The only difference between the two systems is that I use USB back up on the first, none on the second - it couldn't be that surely? I will put a USB into the Manchester system today.

linda185new
Star
Star
I have A USB but are still experiencing the same problems. Base station going offline, time zone changing. So I guess that has nothing to do with it..
raymchopper
Initiate
Initiate
I am receiving a error message on my cell phone indictaing that my Arlo is off-line. Internet is working fine in my home. I have unplugged/plugged the base numerous times in a attempt to refresh signal to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas how to get everything to start working?? THANK YOU!
JimmyKrankie
Initiate
Initiate
So, the system was working fine until a few weeks' back. And now, it keeps going offline for periods of time. Sometimes I have to power the base unit off and then on again to reconnect (so I don't believe it's an issue with the internet connection).

Should I factory-reset the whole thing? Has anyone else had issues like this recently? I haven't made any changes to the setup on my side (Arlo setup or local network changes).

Any advice would be gratefully received!
NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo user-123:  Any update from the senior technical support team that engaged with you?

To everyone in this forum... please be sure you are calling in, opening a case number, and calling Arlo at least once a day demanding action.  This needs as much noise as possible.  Especially those that are invested and don't have the luxury to return the devices any longer and will suck it up and keep it if they could just fix the damn issue. I am calling once per day and emailing them multiple times a day.  I know they do get the emails because they read them when I do call in and have gotten some (useless) responses.

Send here:  Arlo Support Case Update: caseupdate@arlo.com, Customer Service: customerservice@arlo.com

In each email I demand further escalation, and I attach this forum thread demanding they review it to understand how bad this situation is.  May often be falling on deaf ears but I am going to bombard them every chance I get until I at least hear that they give a crap, are trying, and that a fix is being worked on.  I am not sure of any of that rignt now which is mind blowing to me for a company in this business.

Let's not let them off the hook!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, you can always check Arlo's status here ;  https://status.arlo.com/

Second , to help you better, what are the leds showin on the front of the base unit ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have rebooted the system a few times with no change, the only thing left to do is a factory reset and start fresh.

Unknown if this will help as there has been a few bugs in the software with prior release... so also chk your sw and fw in the system

Morse is faster than texting!
Lat15
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing the same error.
linda185new
Star
Star

They send me a new case number each time I call, but instead of following up, they close my case due to inactivity, even though I let them know the problems still occur. 😡🤬😡

Anim
Star
Star

What is direct email for contact us. I cant seem to find it only community or call

NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo Tech Support: caseupdate@arlo.com   (give your case number when emailing)

Arlo Customer Support:  customerservice@arlo.com

Anim
Star
Star

My reply from Royce S in chat

I do apologize for the inconvenience that it might cause you. That is because of the update. There is no problem from your end, We already raised this concern to our engineering team they are currently working on it. We will provide further notice once we get announcement from the appropriate department for the resolution.

Anim
Star
Star

Reply from Royce S @ Arlo chat

I do apologize for the inconvenience that it might cause you. That is because of the update. There is no problem from your end, We already raised this concern to our engineering team they are currently working on it. We will provide further notice once we get announcement from the appropriate department for the resolution.

Anim
Star
Star
Me

Can I go back to prior firmware or software

9:19:36 AM

?

9:19:37 AM
Royce S

Actually no, because the previous update will no longer be working. IT will cause your cameras to drain fast when they are not updated and some feature are not working if the system is outdated.

vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a case that was opened May 27. I just updated it again that the issue continues . I will updfate here if I ever hear anything from Arlo Support, which I have not , since opening teh case.

NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also was just with Chat and found that they did not properly update my case number with the info they had gathered on the many calls I had with them.  VERY FRUSTRATING.  She sent me via chat the questions they need for tech escalation to review further.  All of you should email the case update email ID I provided earlier, with your case number, with answers to these questions:

1. Who is your Internet service provider
2. What is the correct time zone of the customer? Which State or City?
3.To what time zone/s it was changed to?
4. When did this issue start?
5. Have you encounter power outage and internet interruption, have you changed your ISP or moved or have there been any changes to your network configuration prior to this?
6.Brand and Model of Router and modem?
7. What is the FW of the base station?
8. Is it showing the same time zone on both mobile and web interface?
9. How frequent the time zone will change

10. Any other relevant or related items to add which tech support may be able to use for diagnosis?

Keck
Star
Star
I’ve been commenting and following.. I have the same issues with support and the system.
- support is not knowledgeable or helpful at anytime
- time zone issue has been a problem since 10/2018
- my problems started with the last firmware update
- I’m EST and system changes to PST. When this happens, I get no notifications, or videos in library. But I do get them all recording on my USB regardless of time changes.
- once I correct the time, notifications & videos resume.

Things I’ve noticed and done (without support from Arlo)
- set your Armed setting and any custom Armed setting to be identical. I noticed when my custom setting wasn’t recording the length it time I customized, the system was using Armed (default) setting.
- use Flicker 60hz NOT AUTO. This setting changes with the time zone issue as well.
- base does have Internet connection issues at times, but always eventually works after correcting time setting.
- stop resetting your base, it’s not the problem
- don’t change anything on your router, it’s not the problem
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello. We are also having this problem. Since a firmware update about 2 or so weeks ago. We have tried 2 different base stations. One was brand new. 2 different routers different Ethernet cords and power cords. Every few hours the base station goes offline. It will sometimes come back online after a while but mostly we pull out the power cord and power cycle the base to get it back online. We know it’s not an internet problem because the other devices on the internet are working. We work at home. We have had Arlo Pro for a few years and only had this problem in the last @ 2 weeks. We are returning the brand new base station we got and will be trying a third base station to see if that one can possible work. I read some other people in this community reported the exact same problem but I have yet to hear anything from arlo about it. Are they aware or are they working on a fix ? This problem is making our whole arlo camera system totally useless !!!!!!! I should also note that when the base is offline a lot of times the app doesn’t say the base is offline. The cameras all just say getting status. So the only way to know for sure is I check the light in the middle of the base and it’s not lit. But the app doesn’t say the base is offline. But you cannot get any info in the app on the devices and cannot live stream and it doesn’t record or notify you of anything.
NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just had the pleasure of a call from customer service who wanted to patch in "level 2 technical support" to discuss trying a workaround.  While work arounds are not ideal, I was happy to try.  So are you ready for the work around?  She suggested that I try changing the timezone from Pacific back to the one I wanted (Eastern) iun settings.   Really?????????   I am speachless.

She did tell me this is a known issue and they are working on a firmware update.  But given the history here, who knows if that is even true.

davidkyw2
Guide
Guide

It is also happening to me in Hong Kong.

The Timezone changes every so often by itself !

Nobody from Arlo seems to be doing anything about it.

kida281
Tutor
Tutor
Mine has been all jacked up this week. Offline often, geofencing issues and worst of all it is no longer recording motion. It hasn’t recorded motion in two days and I’ve reset and reactivated everything.
Sussexdude1
Star
Star
Mine has done it twice today for some reason it it happening more often now!
I’d like to confirm after a previous post I have an external hard drive plugged into my unit.
Another thing that may be unrelated but if I log in thru a web browser every time Arlo want me to sign up for monthly plans, perhaps if you where paying this they may resolve the issue quickly now 10 days on easily and no fix or contact from Arlo