Arlo Pro 2 w/Solar Panel - Charging Fault

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
t0mmie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting charging fault on Arlo solar panel w/ Arlo Pro 2.  Have unplugged and plugged back in, but problem persists.  Have attempted to contact support via chat and chat won't load in chrome (auto update), Safari (auto update) or Edge (auto update) on MacOS or Windows 10... ? anybody else unable to contact support?  Blank chat window just loads and spins.

2 REPLIES 2
jaw5279
Tutor
Tutor

I have also had the Arlo Pro 2 / Solar Panel charging fault.  At the time, I thought it was the cable connecting the camera to the panel.  I called the warranty folks and the solar panel and cable were replaced under warranty.  With the next heavy rain, the same fault occured.  I removed the panel and cable and brought them inside where they could dry out and at the same time ran the camera on battery for about two weeks.  At that point I replaced the panel and used some butyl rubber caulk (tape) around where the cable enters the camera.  That was several months ago and I have had no reoccurrance even though there have been multiple heavy rains since.  I have another camera on a solar panel and it has never has an issue even though it is just as exposed.  I can only surmise that there was water infiltration on the camera experiencing the fault and sealing the power cable opening with the caulk keeps things dry.   

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi t0mmie,

Have you tried to use a different camera with your solar panel? This will help isolate the issue to the panel or the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation