Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rothy
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi just wondering how to stop my arlo 2 pro cameras going of in the middle part of the day when the sun is at its brightest, they go off at lest every 2 minutes.  This is happening on two of my cameras pointing straight out from under my eave. The  one pointing back towards the house that has more shades doesn’t  go of  unless the is something there.  As it doesn’t happen when it’s over cast or morning/evening or at night   Thanks  Peter 

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Any idea what triggers this "going off"?

Have you tried playing with "Motion sensitivity"?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Rothy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi michaelkenward There if nothing in the view of the camera and they go off around every two minutes in the middle of the day for about 4 hours when the sun is out. If it’s overcast this doesn’t happen.
I have moved the motion sensitivity back to 70
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Of course moving shadows can trigger motion.  But wind can as well, especially if it is a different temperature than the still air.  Even when that's not the case, dust carried by the wind can/will trigger the sensor.

Activity zones can help reduce the notification and recording rate, but they won't help battery life.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation