Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

I purchased the 5 camera set from Costco for $850 and I thought I had researched enough since there are so many options in the camera area right now.  The issue I am having is that the push to talk feature is not able to be utilized, it is slow, quiet and sometimes can not even connect.  I have 3 phones.  2 are on Android , one is on IOS.  The IOS is a work phone so I don't use it very much.  My connection to my home is 1 gig down, 40 meg up, Comcast.  My ping times are usually under 10ms.  I also purchased the doorbell to go with the system.  All in with Arlo.  The android phones in the home are both Samsung S9+ running the new version of Android (pie or 9, whatever you want to call it). The IOS is the latest, I think 12.0.3.  On IOS, push to talk works great on the cameras.  I have not tried the doorbell yet.  

Has anyone in the community been able to get the Push to talk function to work on the cameras?  Are  you on Pie?  Just wondering if there is a setting that I am missing on my phone that will allow me to utilize this feature on the cameras and doorbell.

32 REPLIES 32
Bduncan
Guide
Guide
The speaker on the Arlo cameras being quiet while using an Android device is a known issue to everyone that uses an Android phone not just S9 . It's something that Arlo has yet to figure out but Ring has figured out.....
ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finally!!! thank for letting me know. I guess my suspicions were correct in the original post... could you direct me to the original thread or case so that I may be able to watch it and/or add my own experience?  

Appreciate everyones help on this.  While not a solution, at least I know I was not losing my mind.

dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice

My PTT is not working at all currently, on all cameras at 2 completely different locations, from 2 different phones and a PC.  I'm getting rather tired of my Arlo's turning into garbage.  PTT is failing, notifications are still broken, and I don't even get the video storage advertised that I'm paying for.  

ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

continuing to get "connection Failed, tap this message to retry" on IOS and android.   PTT seems to work on my laptop at this time.  I am getting very frustrated by this also.

Bduncan
Guide
Guide
I would suggest giving the base station a factory reset and starting from the start and if that doesn't work try giving Arlo's tech support a call. Only seems to be frustrated people on this community forum....
ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

factory reset has been done once before.  I have opened a case with Arlo support and they have the link to this thread.

dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice

No.  A factory reset is 80% of the time an invalid answer.  Also I do believe I said that I have multiple base stations in different locations and different ISPs having this same problem, along w/ others here having it as well.  This is an Arlo problem.

ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

this has been resolved by Arlo team.  thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation