Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HnyBdgrDontCare
Tutor
Tutor

How many of you have outdoor cameras that are running off of a/c power? 

I'd like to have all of my cameras plugged in but I'm not sure how to set mine up.  Did you run yours under the easement and through the edge of the window,  did you drill a hole somewhere and run the wire through the house and if so, where?

Also what did you do with the hole you drilled; cover it with a plate?  When i do this i want it to look clean and not trashy.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The 20ft extension is third party , not Netgear equipment.  ( Netgear recall the outdoor ac cable and will till new one comes )  Be careful with third party equipment as if an issue, Netgear may not support your claim

As to how to mount, that all depends on you setup/house.  Drilled holes are easily fixed with expanding foam or caulk.

Prob the best way would be an outlet near the camera placement.

I had the usb cord covered by a strip of molding so it was totally hidden and out of sight except the 8" pigtail I left out to hook into camera,

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jemima
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m aware Netgear doesn’t have a workable charging cable but any recommendations for 3rd party products.?

I purchased one from Wasserstein but that was a piece of **bleep**E. Waste of money, failed to charge battery.🙄

HnyBdgrDontCare
Tutor
Tutor
Interesting I purchased two and they work great! Charging right now as a matter of fact.
Jemima
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you take a screenshot of the charging cable plugged into your camera please?

I want my camera to be permanently plugged in.

I’ve followed various threads regarding this product and it’s Hit and Miss. Works for some but not others.

HnyBdgrDontCare
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry it was a different brand all together. These work perfect. I chose two brands in case one brand was worthless, however both work great. And the shape of the plug is great, fits snug which prevent condensation from affecting the camera. Hope this helps. This is a thicker weatherproof cord
Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

Old thread but just got my Arlo pro 2, and rather fit the cable in right away.  I see it mentioned (condenasation) a few times in many threads, in the UK it more the case of full outright downpoor of rain, would these cables hold up to such weather including gale force winds?

Thanks, Dan

HnyBdgrDontCare
Tutor
Tutor
I have mine under the easement to give them some sort of cover. Also, I went to amazon and bought covers for mine. I ended up buying the 20ft cord that works great. After plugging them in I wrapped them with a bit of electrical tape to ensure no moisture seeps in. No problems yet and still running great.
Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

I was going to get  a 3rd party usb power weather proof cord but that voids warrenty, and again I would not regard moisture the same level as a full down poor of rain.  Me getting these cameras has push my savings very low, cant afford to get replacements.

Dan

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation