Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
spunger1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there.  I have a problem with my Arlo Pro 2 system (5 cameras).  Everything was working fine until about 3 weeks ago or so we noticed that only night time recordings were not showing up.  We've tried everything (reset base station, replace base station, make sure no schedules on set, make sure it picks up motion, reset router and modem, re-sync cameras etc...) and nothings working.  It will pick video up fine during the day and I can live view any camera at anytime but anything past 8-10 p.m. just stops and doesn't start again until 6 or 7 a.m. (there is NO schedules set).  

I'm really at a loss for this one.  We've not changed anything in our home or system.  I added a 5th camera which was working just fine until give or take 3 weeks ago.  I do subscribe to the Arlo $9.99 service and tried logging in and out of that to see if maybe it was something but nothing.  I've tried turning on activity zones and removing them, deleting previous days recordings thinking the cloud is full for my 30 days, everything is powered correctly and is hard wired (even more weird/odd).

Any help or ideas would be awesome.  REALLY wanting to keep Arlo since we have so much invested in the system and I think the camera's are fine but it's something with the cloud service (their software side) 

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A couple of things:

1) Try unplugging the cameras to see if that makes a difference.

2) What's the sensitivity settings in your modes and rules?

spunger1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve removed and reinstalled batteries with no change. 

The sensitivity settings are at 100 on all cameras. I could try to lower it to see if it does anything but they’ve always been at 100. During the day it works fine it’s just the night hours it’s stopped. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@spunger1 wrote:

During the day it works fine it’s just the night hours it’s stopped. 

Do you schedule the cameras or use geofencing?

Can you make manual recordings at night?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@spunger1 wrote:

I’ve removed and reinstalled batteries with no change. 

WHat I meant by unplugging the cameras was to see if operation changes when running off batteries only rather than having them plugged into AC power. Some folks have had issues seemingly caused by having their cameras plugged in that battery-only usage fixed.

spunger1
Aspirant
Aspirant
No schedules or gel fencing. Never used them (just armed 100% of time)

I can live view and manually record at night. No issues there.

We tried some changing of settings last night and found it records audio just fine but no motion. So if a car drives by it picks up the audio to record but not motion. The only thing I’ve done so far differently was removed the arlo smart subscription. I canceled it.

I know that they’re not perfect but everything during the day is fine and they work as it always has. The night time recording is totally odd as a car going by in the day it’ll pick up fine but at night the motion side gets nothing. They show armed (both video and audio).

I am pretty sure this all started with the last app update or firmware. Not like I can roll it back as arlo forces the updates. If I can’t get them to record as normal I’m going to have to look into a different setup that’s more reliable. Hopefully they fix the issue sooner than later. I don’t feel as if it’s something I’ve setup wrong as I can’t find anything that’s telling it to stop recording motion.
spunger1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can try that tonight. I’ll unplug the usb power hub (they’re all powered by a anker usb hub) and force them on battery
Dannybear
Master
Master
I generally find that when a externally powered camera starts to misbehave I need to power cycle the charger to force the camera to update settings.
I now use a smart switch with a regular schedule to automatically do this to maintain reliability.
spunger1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update. I did everything as above and while now I get motion recording it all stops somewhere between 1-2 am and skips to 6 am or so and starts back up. No schedules no geofencing. I canceled the $10 monthly subscription to see if that helped but no difference. REALLY frustrated with the firmware/software change. I’ve done everything possible and still no better.

I’ve been looking at reolink to ring to see if they have any issues like this but really disconcerting Arlo has no fix.
Tgirl07
Guide
Guide
Maybe there's no activity between 2-6 am for any motions to pick up. No car,no people etc.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation