Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of the cameras stopped working. Tried spare battery but not working. Blinked amber and blue.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mamubo
Follower
Follower

I bought a package that came with three cameras and a base station. After some time, one of the cameras stopped working. I assumed the battery was dead and replaced it with a spare - nothing. I charged the battery over night - nothing. I tossed it in a box and forgot about it for a few months but now I'm back at it. When plugging in the battery direct to the USB charger, the LED blinks amber and blue. For the first few moments, I can see the red night vision lights illuminated but eventually they turn off and all that remains is the blinking amber/blue LED. This should indicate a firmware update is in progress, but it's not connected to the base station or the internet. If I unplug the USB charger, the camera goes "dead." It won't sync, no lights flash, etc. Unrecognizable to the base station. Not sure what's going on here or how to get my camera back!

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rather than throwing it in a box and waiting while your warranty expires, use that warranty by clicking on the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Camanda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you get this issue resolved? My husband’s grandparents gifted us their set they no longer needed and we are getting the same issue. I’m just wondering if there’s anything else we can try. It won’t even let me do a factory reset on the 2 cameras with the problem.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Camanda wrote:
Did you get this issue resolved? My husband’s grandparents gifted us their set they no longer needed and we are getting the same issue. I’m just wondering if there’s anything else we can try. It won’t even let me do a factory reset on the 2 cameras with the problem.

Can you tell us if these are also Pro 2 cameras, or if they are a different model?

Have you tried removing the cameras from the account, and re-adding them?  Have you tried adding them from both the app and my.arlo.com?

Camanda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes they are both Pro 2 cameras. I’m not sure if his grandparents removed them from their original account but they are not syncing with the hub now so they aren’t connected. Which also means I can’t disconnect them and then re-sync them. I should still be able to do a factory reset, shouldn’t I? No matter what we do it flashes amber and blue. 2 of the 4 cameras synced fine and did a firmware update after it was synced. The other 2 won’t sync.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Camanda wrote:
 I’m not sure if his grandparents removed them from their original account

They have to do that before you can add them to yours.

@Camanda wrote:
I should still be able to do a factory reset, shouldn’t I? 

AFAIK there is no factory reset for the Pro 2.  You can remove the batteries to force a reboot, and you can resync.  But you can't do a factory reset.

Camanda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good to know! We will try that. I thought I read it can be reset if you hold the Sync button for 15 seconds, but like I said it didn’t do anything. So that must be for a different model. I will update once we try that.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation