Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
MLM2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello there,

I bought Arlo Pro 2 and everything is perfect excpet everytime I want to use the Arlo app on my iPhone X and press on the microphone icon to try to talk with the camera, I cannot hear my voice from the camera speaker, but if I use my bluetooth headset, then I can use that option and it works properly. I check the set up in Alro App and also in the setting on Iphone and everything seems to be right. I also have the lastest version of the Arlo App and firmware on base and cameras.

If someone knows what's wrong, I really apprecaite to walk me through to fix the problem.

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo iOS mobile app has been released that addresses the issue with the push to talk feature. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the iOS app store.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

If you continue to experience this issue. Please let us know.

JamesC

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

,MLM2020

The Arlo engineering team is currently investigating an issue with using the push to talk feature on iOS 11.3. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

MLM2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for the reply.

Hope they find the bug and release a new Arlo App update soon.

wEye
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have got the same problem with my iPhone 8plus
Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem here with iphone x and 11.3.

lifehackster
Initiate
Initiate

Same here. I just installed it yesterday and today I was testing out the push to talk feature and on Iphone 7, I cannot hear or talk to the person on the camera. I tried it with my Ipad and this time, I can talk but still not able to hear...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo engineering team is currently investigating an issue with using the push to talk feature on iOS 11.3. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply JamesC.  I will be watching for an update.

MLM2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

THank you very much James for the follow up.

I am glad that I was able to find the bug in iOS 11.3 🙂

bmhernandez43
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe that this issue exists with any audio enabled Arlo device in conjunction with the iPhone 11.3 version.

To those of us that only have iPhones this feature is essential.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for the frustration/inconvenience this has caused. The engineering team is working hard toward a resolution for this issue. I do not currently have an ETA for a fix but will provide any new information I receive as soon as possible.

JamesC

Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

I appreciate the update.  Thanks!

Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just wondering if there is any update on this issue.  I was notified that ios 11.3.1 is available.  I hesitate to update if your engineers are working on fixing 11.3.  Please advise.  -Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo iOS mobile app has been released that addresses the issue with the push to talk feature. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the iOS app store.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

If you continue to experience this issue. Please let us know.

JamesC

MLM2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been fixed and working properly now with the updated Arlo App!

THANKS A MILLION!!!!!

Dean3233
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I know if I have the latest update?  My microphone has same problem. 

MLM2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just go to App store and hit the "UPDATE" - then you will see the new update avaialble for Arlo App which was released yesterday. Then click on update and wait for the updates to be installed. After that, the microphone works properly. 

Dean3233
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it, thank you!

Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, the push to talk is now working!!  Awesome!  But I still have one problem.  I can't hear any response back unless I put the phone to my ear.  I'm not sure if this is normal operation.  Here is what I do:

- push the "live" botton on my phone for the camera I want to talk to

- I can hear everything outside now (birds, cars, etc...,)

- I push the mic icon from the available options at the bottom of the display

- a big green mic icon appears but now I cannot hear outside sound unless I put the phone to my ear

- I press the the big green icon and the person outside by the camera can hear what I'm saying.

- I release the mic icon to hear their response but the only way I can hear what they're say is to put the phone to my ear

I've checked all my sound settings on my phone and they are all at max.

Is this normal?

Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

Per my response (just above), I have tried every possible setting on my iphone x to increase the volume on the response back from the camera.  Is anybody else having this issue?

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
The main issue is lag up to a minute plus. The video stream usually freezes at the same time. Sometimes I have to close the app and restart before the video/audio stream runs again.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download on the iOS app store that should address this issue. Please make sure to download the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with push to talk.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation