Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MoeI
Follower
Follower

I am hoping people read this before buying any arlo pro 2 cameras or base stations. I bough my setup almost two years ago and have had nothing but problems after 8 months in. My problems range from cameras not charging to base station not communicating with cameras. It all started after Arlo released a new firmware update. Even their customer support is terrible. I have had customer support hang up on me and I honestly felt like the individual did not care about my concerns. I will never buy any arlo products again. I did not spend 500 dollars so I have to crawl 15ft up a ladder once a week and perform a reset to my cameras. They arlo products are complete junk and Their customer support is horrible. Also, don’t fall for the 140ft distance from base station to camera. They are actually only rated for 30ft when there is a wall between them but they don’t tell you this before you buy them. What a waste!! I only hope people will read this before buying these products. I wish I saw something like this before I got my cameras. It would have saved me 500 dollars and countless of hours trying to fix my setup.

2 REPLIES 2
Yani565
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras stopped giving me night clarity after 4-6 months of having this and began giving me grainy pictures and pixelating in a way that my cameras are useless at night . I attempted to solve the issue by rebooting & calling arlo support which mind you their support is horrible and their is a huge language barrier. I mean I’m being nice about this review but I can’t understand what they are saying. Overall I spent $1000 down the drain. Horrible
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot from the camera during the day. From what I can determine on this image it  appears that either your night vision isn't turned on (toggle it off and back on if it's currently set to be on) and/or the distance is too great for it to be effective. A daytime shot would help troubleshoot.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation