Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 iOS App Bug - Live Audio WILL NOT MUTE.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
CussinSk33t3r
Follower
Follower

Hey all,

I've just installed several Arlo Pro 2 cameras around my house and am having a relatively positive experience using/understanding the software and many of its awesome features.

However, I'm frequently experiencing a technical glitch that is quite frustrating: When using the Arlo App, if I click "play" on a live view of any of the cameras, (which sometimes will load momentarily and then do nothing until you tap play again - kinda wonky) the audio/video from the camera will play - as it should - but the audio will continue to play... no matter what. I've tried muting the audio in the live view, and I've tried going through the various menus (library, mode, settings) in hopes that leaving the 'Devices' tab would force the audio to stop - but nothing works. I've even completely closed the app only to have the sound eventually fade out after a few seconds...

I have an iPhone 7+ that is completely up to date as well as the firmware on the cameras, the base, the software, etc... The bug doesn't happen every time I use the app, but it happens often enough that it's very inconvenient. I can only imagine how annoying un-mutable audio will be while I'm at work. I don't want to disable the audio on my cameras just to avoid this bug - and I shouldn't have to. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Cheers! Hope to see NETGEAR get this one sorted soon.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CussinSk33t3r,

Have you tried reinstalling the app? Do you still experience the same behavior with a fresh install?

JamesC

Klr0821
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m experiencing the same issue. Restarts, re installing the app.... nothing will fix it.
MilesSmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MilesSmith,

Have you tried rebooting the base station/reinstalling the app and test again?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation