Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I Can’t Log In To The Arlo App Via Cellular Data But WiFi Is Fine

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Yg8
Tutor
Tutor

App login issues for 3 days. Cellular data is fine, works for all other app, email etc but can’t log in Arlo app, saying connectivity issue. But when I went back home to join WiFi, I can login. But is it suppose to work when I’m not home right?

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only if the business network is configured to allow access. In many cases, it isn't. This is likely true if you try to use your work computer, too. You can talk to IT to see if access can be had but many times the answer is a simple no.

Yg8
Tutor
Tutor

No, I’m using my personal iphone and personal cellular data. I can’t login to arlo app now but I can log in 3 days ago. Is it because the arlo serve had issue? Please help..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The servers have been fine. You indicated that you couldn't log in at work using their network's WiFi but can when using cell service or when at home on your WiFi. That's why I said what I did - the work nework is blocking access to Arlo so your only choices are to tlk to IT to see if they will allow access or you will just have to use cell service while at work to reach the Arlo servers. If it used to work but isn't now, I'd guess that IT made a change. Talk to them.

Yg8
Tutor
Tutor

No, it has nothing to do with work WiFi or data. I always use personal cellular data and personal smart phone. But I can’t login arlo app using same personal data and phone now. As error msg say due to connectivity issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm missing something. You can connect at home on WiFi? How about at home on cell service?

Yg8
Tutor
Tutor

Even at home using cellular data, I can’t connect to arlo app. Though I can use cellular data for all other things like email, web browsing, at home.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Huh - that's odd. Try restarting the phone and reinstall the app. Make sure you allow all permissions.  What phone/OS?

Yg8
Tutor
Tutor
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At this point, open a case with support here. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation