Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

During the past several days when I access the Arlo app (iOS/iPad), I observe words flashing across the middle of each image for the four cameras. They flash so quickly it is impossible to read them. I think it indicates something about the firmware. It does not appear to affect the use of the app to perform live views or view the library. I checked and the firmware on the cameras shows the latest version. Since it just started happening, I think something is wrong, possibly in the software that applied the firmware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

The update did fix the problem. Thanks for checking.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KKS-Col wrote:

During the past several days when I access the Arlo app (iOS/iPad), I observe words flashing across the middle of each image for the four cameras. They flash so quickly it is impossible to read them.

Is this happening when you first open the app?  Or are you seeing them at other times?

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

It happens each time I open the app. While I am using the app, it does not reappear. But once I leave the app and return later, it occurs again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the app to see if this resolves the issue? 

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I removed the app and reinstalled. The words are still flashing. No change.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Received, I provided this to the team and I will update you as soon as I hear back.

Thank you!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this occur on any other devices? Also what's the model version of your iPad as Weill as iOS version?

Thank you!

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I just tested on Windows 11, Firefox browser, and the flashing does NOT occur.

It is occurring on my iPad Pro, software version 15.6.1

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the updated info, the team is investigating at the moment. 

Do you have any other cell phones you can try with the arlo app? .

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Sorry I missed this question. I have tried the app using Android and it doesn’t show the flashing images.
The iPad is still flashing. I logged out of the Arlo app and did a complete restart of the iPad. I reopened the app, logged in, and the first images shown clearly stated that the firmware had been updated; not flashing. However after a couple of times of a clear display, it returned to flashing the message across the 4 camera images. Each time I open the app, it flashes but then works fine.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you, I will continue to provide updates when I receive more info. 

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Just noting that nothing has changed. The images show flashing words everytime I open the ios Arlo app. Maybe when they update the firmware again it will stop. Maybe.

Dannybear
Master
Master

What is your arlo app version, v3.7.1 was released recently in case it helps.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, I have the latest version of Arlo for iOS, 3.7.1 installed and the flashing continues.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Just to clarify that I don’t get this using an iPad Air 2 with the last arlo app version or the latest 3.7.1.

What I have seen using my iPhone 5s sometimes is the app on loading displays a screen shot of the app page before closing.

e,g when I use it to accept a 2FA request for a web portal access and login to the portal the mobile app gets logged out. When I open the mobile app again it flashes the logged out page before recovering to the devices page.

Similar is the your device is offline message on the cameras which does flicker a few times before settling down to normal display.

I put it down to Arlo’s method of mimicking a fast loading visual of the app status rather than the usual 5sec arlo screen graphic.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for your interest. In this case, the images (last displayed) are stable and the message that is flashing, very rapidly, is that the firmware has been updated. It is not the “offline” message which occasionally shows. This only occurs when I am using my iPad (not an iPad Air) and not when I use an Android phone or Firefox browser on Windows 11. So it is aggravating but not devastating.

Dannybear
Master
Master

No problem as long as you don’t have epilepsy.

I suppose you don’t have a low storage issue with the iPad?

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

True. 

The iPad does not indicate a shortage issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It appears the issue has been identified and the team is planning on a release date. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Are you still experiencing this issue? I have been notified there has been an update that should resolve this issue. 

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

The update did fix the problem. Thanks for checking.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@KKS-Col

Thank you for the reply

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation