Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
lowcountryearl
Tutor
Tutor

Went to play a live shot on Arlo this morning and it came up and said I need to update my flash player, click here so I did. Now when I try and play a live video a message poopoo's up and says "unexpected error occurred" and the screen goes black. So now not only do I have the issue of only pullup one camera from my video library on an Android device, since the December 24th Arlo update, now after an update of flash video, can't pull up live videos from a Windows based computer. Arlo, if your out there, please do more verifications before releasing updates.

So, what do I do, I have an entire Arlo camera security system that doesn't work?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lowcountryearl wrote:

Went to play a live shot on Arlo this morning and it came up and said I need to update my flash player, click here so I did. Now when I try and play a live video a message poopoo's up and says "unexpected error occurred" and the screen goes black. So

What browser do you use?

lowcountryearl
Tutor
Tutor

Chrome Ver 79

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lowcountryearl wrote:

Chrome Ver 79

Chrome uses a built-in flash player - not the actual plug in.  So there's no need to install the adobe plug in (unless you also use FireFox).

When you first browse to my.arlo.com (before logging in), click on the padlock to the left of the URL in the address bar.  You'll see a way to allow flash there.  Once you've done that, you'll get a prompt to reload the page.  After you do that, log in as usual.  You'll be able to use flash on the Arlo site with no problems until you restart the browser.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation