Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to install Arlo app on iPhone. Pro 2 system.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PatStockdon
Aspirant
Aspirant

About the new mandatory software update - I was successful doing this on my IPad.  Maybe I forgot to do it again on my IPhone, or maybe I thought it would happen automatically.  As of a few days ago, my phone tells me it can't "install", so I can't open the program.  I can't get alerts.  Everything works fine on the IPad, but it isn't with me where I can hear it.  I need this to work on the phone.  When I go to App store, I find the software, but it seems to think I already have it, so I can't download it.  Help!  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi PatStockdon,

Just to be sure, are you saying you're unable to install the Arlo app on your iPhone? What iPhone model are you using and what iOS version are you running?

PatStockdon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response, Jessica.  My IPhone is an SE model from Verizon.  It has the latest update 13.3 (17c54).

To review - I had the Arlo app on my phone and also on my IPad.  Alerts came to the phone, but the IPad is not usually in the same room as I am.  I realized we were required to update the Arlo software, and I thought I had done so.  Apparently what is now on my IPad is working fine.

When I touch the Arlo icon on the phone, it says Unable to install "Arlo"  This app could not be installed.  So as far as my cell phone goes, I have no service from my Arlo app.  Yesterday it was stormy at our river cottage, and I had 142 e-mail alerts before I realized it and used the IPad to turn off the outside camera.  

Can you help me get the app on my phone again?    Thanks for your reply.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to try deleting the Arlo app on your iPhone SE and then restart your iPhone and try to download it again. You can try following these troubleshooting steps if you're still having problems: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation