Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Amengle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

These are the models I currently have

BASE - VMB4000r3

CAMERA 1 - H3

CAMERA 2 - H3

Both cameras always say poor signal strength even though I have 1 less than 10 ft away from it. I have never gotten it to say anything better when moving them around before mounting. I have tried rebooting the base, both wifi AP's and cameras with no luck. Any suggestions?

Aaron

26 REPLIES 26
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Same issue with both the app and a browser? Try moving the base away from the router. Also check for another wireless device that uses the 2.4GHz band that may be near the base.

Amengle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately so, I will try to move the base farther from the router when I get home later today. The router and base are in the garage by themselves with nothing else near them but I will check around to see if anything could be causing issues also. Thanks and I'll let you know later today how that goes!

Amengle
Aspirant
Aspirant

So tried moving the base, no luck. There is also nothing else nearby that would be causing interference that I can see. Most stuff is either on th 5GHz range or on the other side of the house for 2.4GHz.

rgil1941
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Amengle wrote:

So tried moving the base, no luck. There is also nothing else nearby that would be causing interference that I can see. Most stuff is either on th 5GHz range or on the other side of the house for 2.4GHz.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing a camera from Settings, My Devices and resyncing to see if anything is different. ALso verify you have the latest firmware.

Amengle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the tips, just tried to remove and readd the cameras with no luck. Also everything is up to date when I check device settings and go to the firmware. Any other suggestions? Kinda running out of ideas here...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JoseCanyusi
Guide
Guide
Please reply if you find a solution. I'm having the exact same issue.
Amengle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sure thing! I am waiting for support to get back to me, when we come to some sort of resolution I will let you know!

Dominic39
Initiate
Initiate

I have same probleme.

Someone to find a solution?

Amengle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately still waiting for a reply back from Arlo support... it has been about 2 days now going on 3 without a response, this is becoming kinda fustrating.

daviidpointon69
Guide
Guide
Watching this as I have the same problem and really interested in hearing what support have to say..
If you can keep us updated it would be much appreciated.
D
SDtn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this same problem. Everyone says move base station closer, but that is no help, when I read the base station signal with my phone it says 4 bars, but camera only says 1 bar.
jcrod73
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here. Even have one camera that is recharging sitting right next to the base station. Still says poor signal.
StigA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue ass you folks describe. Will follow to see if it's a known bug or if there will be a fix.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Are you using the WiFi indicator for the cameras on the Devices tab or in the positioning section of settings for your camera? Based on my observations, the positioning indication is bogus at the moment.
SDtn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I am using the signal indicator under the devices tab. Although, the signal indicator under the settings tab iindicates the same signal strength.
I can also see the signal strength indicator using the WiFi settings on my iPhone. The signal strength for the arlo home base has 4 bars as does the signal indicator for my router network.
Thanks for your help
daviidpointon69
Guide
Guide
I was using the signal indicator in the positioning screen.
When I look at the WiFi indicator icon on devices it does actually reflect the signal I would expect for each camera given their distances from the base station.
If the positioning screen is not working then panic over it seems.
Much appreciated.
D
Chrischavez74
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue with one of my cameras. I cant even connect to it 60% of the time, Super fustrating.

Amengle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah it can get annoying not being able to use a feature that you have. They are sending me a replacement base to see if that fixes the issue. So we shall see Smiley Indifferent

JoseCanyusi
Guide
Guide
I have two bases, both do the same. I doubt another one will be any different. Just another failed feature to go along with the poorly, if not completely failed two-way voice communication, instant notifications delayed by 20-30 minutes because the app is dozing, up to 6 second delay for recording to start after motion detection, video servers being slow to respond... this setup really needs a lot of improvement, but I'm invested to the tune of about $900, so I'm stuck with it...for now.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Stop using the inidcation in the Camera Positioning section. Use the WiFi indicators on the Devices tab for each camera.

Shane0nz
Guide
Guide
So ive just had a replacement because of this signal issue, tbe replacement set also says poor, yes in the camera positioning, you say do not use this indicator? So how come my camera drains to 58% after only 1 weeks use and its not even a busy area, tell me if im wrong but the poor signal from base to camera means they are constantly connecting/disconnecting which it says will drains battery, what good is that?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A poor signal between base and camera will certainly drain the battery faster but the Camera Positioning indication always shows poor while the one on the Devices tab seems to be accurate. What does the indicator on the Devices tab show?

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation