Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - Ridiculous Battery Drain

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
iamcrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey Guys,

Has anyone else experience(d) the problem I'm facing?

I have a 4 cam setup and they have been working really fine for almost 4 months now. I haven't recharged the cams yet.

Before 4 days, the battery% were below.

Cam1 - 30%, Cam2 - 28%, Cam3 - 30%, Cam4 - 55%

Over the last 4 days, only 2 cams have recorded couple of 7secs footage. And couple of Live views for 5secs.

Since the last 4 days, all these cams started to discharge at a rapid rate, like 12% per day. And yesterday, Cams 1, 2 and 3 went completely flat. Cam 4 this morning(8 AM) was at 42%. Now at 3 PM, after recording a 7 sec audio triggered recording is at 17%.

My internet connection is not dropping and I couldn't see any firmware updates as well. Winter has just started though with max 25C during day and 13C during night. Cam4 is inside and since morning, the inside temperature hasn't gone below 20C.

Any idea what is happening?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Li-ion cells do have a fairly quick dropoff at the end of their charge life.... also you may see a bit of V droop in the colder weather.

That said, you went 4 months which is pretty good and about normal. Now when you go to recharge them in the camera you will really only get an 80% charge ( this is to prevent an overcharge and possible damage to the pack ) tho it will read 100%.

If possible, use a charge tube to get a true 100% charge on the packs, as the second time around, you may get less than 4 months ( due the not full charge )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation