Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

where to go to check and see if I have the latest updates

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
phyllismarks452
Follower
Follower

I had my system Pro 2 installed by Geek Squad. They told me my system will update automatically. I don't remember exactly how that happens but I guess my question is do I get notification by email? If so do I have to go to a setting on the Arlo application on my cell phone ? Do I have to click on any setting to update the device? I'm getting very confused because I can't remember if he showed me or not and I called him by phone and all she tells me is Arlo updates automatically. I guess I'm wondering does that mean I don't have to go to any settings at all to download any updates? Finally I would feel better if I knew where to go to check and see if I have the latest updates. like for example when you're checking for an update on Windows and you go to settings and there's a option to check for updates. I want to know can I click somewhere how to get to the check for updates for the Arlo Pro 2 on my Arlo phone app. Thanking you in advance

1 REPLY 1
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Hi Phyllis,

Updates do happen automatically. You do not get an email and you do not need to worry about it.

See here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

for the latest version on all Arlo products.

eg. latest for the Pro 2 is 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Release-Notes-Arlo-Pro-2-Camera-1-125-5-0-17...

You can check this by opening the Arlo app. select the gear Icon on any of your cameras, then at the bottom select device info.

You can do the same via Settings which will bring up a lit of all the cameras as well as your base whose firmware version you can also check.

Shout if you have any more questions. Lots of knowledgeable and friendly people here!! Well done on joining the forums.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation