Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SilentKrill
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 8 Arlo Pro 2 cams and have never been able to use the Push to Talk feature on any of them from my 2 Samsung Galaxy S9 and 9+ phones. Works fine from an old iPod touch i have. I know this has been a running problem for a few years which Arlo seems to not fix. Every time I have called they act like its the first time they've heard about it, and run me through all the basic steps leading to a factory reset on everything, and starting from scratch. All my firmware are kept updated in all cams and base stations. I know many others have this same issue, has there ever been a confirmed proper fix? I have already done all the typical fix attempts.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi SilentKrill,

When you say that the push to talk feature does not work on your Android devices, are you saying you're receiving an error? Is this happening on both WiFi and/or cellular data?

SilentKrill
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will clarify, the audio is VERY quiet. No matter how soft, loud, or yelling into the phone, the audio coming out of the arlo is so quiet a person standing next to it cannot hear.

Yes it is over wifi and cellular, no nothing is wrong with my phone before you head in that direction. Have tried on 2 different S9 and S9+, gets the same result.

There have been quite a few posts in the community and on random web forums asking this same problem, but they never get a proper fix or resolution from anyone affiliated with Arlo. Posts just go through the normal troubleshooting steps, then just go dead. Its really unfortunate buying 2 full Arlo systems w/cameras, but not being able to use a useful key feature.
SilentKrill
Aspirant
Aspirant
It would be nice to see Arlo address this long well known issue with Galaxy specifically the S9 phones with an update/patch.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation