Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Firmware: 1.125.11.4_29092

Night vision very poor. Daytime is great. I have checked the board and see others have the same problem.

Is there a Firmware update?

Pictures:

1. shows Pro 2 camera indoors through window night light turned off. Picture good.

2. shows Pro 2 camera outdoors with night light turned on.

ArloPro2NightVision.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member

Have you tried to reboot your camera & test again? What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi and thanks for the reply. I have tried re-booting the cameras but still the same. I have rebooted the base and still the same. I have tried with skins on and skins off but still the same. Daytime the picture is great and when the cameras switch at dusk the picture is great but when the cameras use the leds the picture becomes blurred and has an over exposed picture.

I had one of the first Arlo cameras and that never had this problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In your posted image I see a white object cropping the left side and what may be a sill at the bottom right. What are these objects? Based on the image, I'd say the object on the left is reflecting the LEDs, causing glare.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

the right picture that shows a bit of white on the left top and bottom is the hood on the skin. I thought it might be a problem but took the skin off and got the same result. The first picture was taken with 'night vision' turned off.

Thanks for the thought.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How about a daytime screenshot?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

I have moved cam-1 from indoors looking out the window with 'night vision' turned off to outside with 'night vision' turned on. The camera picture is at night is just the same as cam-2, washed out and fuzzy.

Here is the day time pictures from both cameras.

ArloPro2NightVision2.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see the image until it's approved. You can get past this by using the Choose File button below your reply text box instead.

Is it possible that the outdoor camera is getting moisture (dew) on the lens?

mtprochaska
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ran into the same issue tonight. Just installed my cameras and the night vision is not working well. There is a lot of fog and moisture in the air so I. Hoping that is the issue. I think it’s just the fog for me I hope. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Very likely. It's like driving in fog with your high beams on.

KenHull
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I removed my cameras and installed them again. Then I adjusted the brightness up and down, then turned off and on the Night Vision and the cameras cleared. I think however I was lucky in finding options that worked for me.

Here is a picture of both camera now taken at night.

ArloPro2NightVision3.jpg

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation