Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 is not picking up activity in activity zone as early enough

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
daleslad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running my Arlo Pro2 camera wirelessly and I'm very disappointed with it as far as picking up activity in  my single zone.

I am using the largest zone possible for my camera window but I find that someone walking into it  doesn't show up on the playback video until they are halfway through the activity zone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then you will just have to putz with camera positioning to get what you need while (hopefully) eliminating as many false triggers as possible. It'll be all about positioning and sensitivity.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a positioning issue. Read the FAQ here on best camera positioning. Also, people detection is only out to about 25 feet when motion is across the FOV.  Post a screenshot of the camera view with a full description for suggestions. A video link may also be useful.

daleslad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat,   here are a couple of screen shots showing my activity zone and where the video starts.

Hope they are attached ok.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only one image with no zone. The big problems are 1) WAY too much view and 2) the sidewalk is too far and not enough motion across the FOV. What are you trying to capture - the sidewalk coming to the house? Rotating the camera to the right would help but a different mount may be needed.

daleslad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have  one zone which I attached to the last post but apparently it didn't go.   I'll try again.

Let me know what you think.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, you have too much in the camera view. Also, almost everything is outside of the camera's useful detection range of ~25 feet for people. AT best you'd see cars going by (mainly due to reflecting the sun's IR) and maybe someone walking on your lawn. Is that really what you want to monitor? If so, I'd mount the camera on the house extension (garage?) on the right side of the view.

Tell us what you're truly interested in capturing.

daleslad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well what I truly would like to see are cars parking in front of my house and anyone walking up to the house

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why do you need cars parking? Wouldn't just the people walking up to the house be sufficient?

daleslad
Aspirant
Aspirant

No not really, the more information you can get about someone walking up to your door when you are not home, the better.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then you will just have to putz with camera positioning to get what you need while (hopefully) eliminating as many false triggers as possible. It'll be all about positioning and sensitivity.

daleslad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, thanks jguedat I've minimised the activity zone and positioned it to catch a portion of the walkway to the house and a corner of the sidewalk and it seems to be working pretty good right now. 

I appreciate all of your help and suggestions. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation