Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 camera keeps going off line

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro 2 with 5 cameras,, one of the cameras keeps going off line and the only way to get it back on line is to remove the battery and replace. . .i called customer support and the only thing they said was it s a problem with the firm where, I have the latest update. Anybody else having this problem? Called Arlo and they want to charge me $100. To fix the firmwhere, system is a month old.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't call Arlo. You Googled for a number and got a scammer. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. The 3rd page has contact options.

K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m not understanding where the contact phone number is. 

Can you post it so I can call Arlo

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm trying to get folks to navigate the web site on their own so they can find their own information. I just followed my instructions to get to this page:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, I was able to find the number and called, was told to switch the camera position with another and monitor.

One thing I wan to mention and is of concern and should be to other also. When searching for the number on google what comes up is 

https://netgears.support/arlo-support/.

with this number 888-537-1319. This I the number I originally called and was told I had a problem with my firmware and need to pay $100 to have a tech come fix it.

well it looks to be “Netgears support”. 

If this is a bogus site and I think it is since it say “Netgears” this community group should have a pinned post stating the facts around this problem as a warning.

K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to get people to navigate the sight on there own is fine, but why not have a stickie with the contact info on the first page to elevate the confusion, why the jumping through hoops just to get a number?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, never Google a support number - that's how the scammers get you. Second, report scammers. I would suggest PMing @JamesC so legal can take action.

LAskippy
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the four camera system  and 1 of the 4 keeps going off line ,

i have changed batteries ,locations put cameras side by side to make sure there is conections

removed and reinstalled ,rebooted,  pluged in and not plugged in 

i can get it to come on for a very short time and then goes off line again for a month it kept telling me to upgrade the soft ware which only went away after i removed it and then reinstalled it and removed the battery and kept unplugged for a while

iam to the conclusion it must be the camera

any other suggestions

Thanks LAskippy 

K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was fed up and returned my set to Costco for replacement.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@LAskippy wrote:

iam to the conclusion it must be the camera

I agree. Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation