Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
craighenry
Tutor
Tutor

I had one Arlo Pro 2 camera and 2 Arlo Pro cameras that were detecting motion at 25+ feet. I replaced one of the pro cameras with a Pro 2 camera and both Pro2 are now detecting motion at 10 - 12 feet. I have tryed all settings and removing one camera and re-syncing with the same result. Any assistance would be appreciated.

HW VersionH3
Serial Number52M1817CB0621
Firmware1.125.13.0_31717
19 REPLIES 19
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you setting the sensitivity in your modes and rules? There should be no reason for a change unless there was a recent firmware update that may have changed a threshold someplace. Since you had a Pro 2 working well before, did anything change for it, firmware, sensitivity or positioning?

Mien503
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have one pro2 not detect like you i did not do anything or moving it
Working fine for last 3 months
Now it is not detect motion for 2 days

Any idea why ?
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Are you sure that your mode is set to armed and not disarmed?
craighenry
Tutor
Tutor

The cameras are armed.

Motion sensitivity has been configured beyond default and reduced.

No updates have been performed by me.

Both Arlo pro2 cameras stopped motion detection beyond 10 feet without explanation three days ago

I removed one camera and added it again with no improvement. The base station remembered the camera

This is beyond annoying.

Mien503
Aspirant
Aspirant
I fixed my by doing this
This one is my outdoor one
I take it down from my tree
Take it in inside take off the battery, and put back the battery plug in the charger
So somehow the motion detect working right back
I wait it reach 100% recharge
Take it out side back to my tree and solar panel
It is working back for the last 6 hours already
Hope u get someluck too
craighenry
Tutor
Tutor

I found the suggestion interesting.

Camera N1 - Battery charged with AC direct as per the suggestion - No difference

Camera N2 - Battery charged with AC direct as per the suggestion - Battery removed after charge and reinserted no difference 

craighenry
Tutor
Tutor

Turns out out this is not the motion detection not working but the sebsitivty distance has changed. The cameras no longer are able to detect motion beyond 10 - 15 feet where they were able to detect motion 30+ feet and I will start a new thread.

Gidmo
Guide
Guide

I have noticed the same issue with my Arlo Pro camera. The motion detection range has reduced substaniatly to within 10-12 ft. Does it have anything to do with the base station. All of the devices have the latest firmware.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Gidmo

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

craighenry
Tutor
Tutor

This is a useless suggestion. It appears that when Arlo doubled the the resoultion of the cameras the distance of possible sensitivity was cut in half. The product is a piece of garbage.

@ShayneS wrote:

Hi @Gidmo

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

starfall
Guide
Guide
  • I have the exact same issues with both of my arlo pro and arlo pro 2. Nothing has changed except the recent update on the pro base station that added support for homekit. So i am pretty sure the issue is on the base station.
Gidmo
Guide
Guide

Yes, I contacted Arlo support. All they could suggest was to resync the camera to the base which I had already done before couple of times. I asked them if it could be the base station, but they had no answer

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gidmo

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

craighenry
Tutor
Tutor
  1. Turns out this is not the motion detection not working but the sensitivity distance has changed. The cameras no longer are able to detect motion beyond 10 - 15 feet where they were able to detect motion 30+ feet and I will start a new thread.
  2. Both Arlo pro2 cameras stopped motion detection beyond 10 feet without explanation three days ago
  3. The cameras are armed.
  4. Motion sensitivity has been configured beyond default and reduced.
  5. No updates have been performed by me.
  6. I removed one camera and added it again with no improvement. The base station remembered the camera
  7. Camera N1 - Battery charged with AC direct as per the suggestion - No difference
  8. Camera N2 - Battery charged with AC direct as per the suggestion - Battery removed after charge and reinserted no difference
  9. Various battery pulls and resets have been performed based om community feedback 
  10. Arlo Pro cameras are able to detect motion at 25 ft – Arlo Pro 2 – No – 10 ft.
  11. The cameras have been moved around – Pro is working at 25+ feet Pro2 working at 10FT.

RJoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo pro 2 motion detection range is about 2 metres.
I deleted camera and reconnect it also removed battery for 2 hourse and then put it in. Still the problem exists.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RJoo wrote:
My arlo pro 2 motion detection range is about 2 metres.
I deleted camera and reconnect it also removed battery for 2 hourse and then put it in. Still the problem exists.

Does your camera have a skin (like these: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo/skin.aspx )  If so, try removing it. Also, check to see if there is something on the camera face that might be interfering with the sensor (dirt).

If it still has 2 metre range, then something must be wrong with the sensor.  If the camera is under warranty, you could ask for a replacement.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

craighenry
Tutor
Tutor

@StephenB Arlo replaced one of my Pro 2 cameras however the problem persists with both the Arlo Pro and the Arlo Pro 2 cameras motion detection. What was greater than 20 feet is now closer to the two meters.

Ass270
Initiate
Initiate

Yeah @StephenB my cameras are doing the same they were sensing well now only a couple of metres

catlady5882
Star
Star

My house was broken into last night while I was sleeping. I had to be rushed to hospital. My motion detectors were again NOT working. I would of recieved an Alert but I didn't and I got stabbed. Contaction BBB & going to file a Class Action Law Suit ASAP !!!!!! 

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation