Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shows my partner and I are both in range but Geofencing does not disarm

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
StaceyNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Up until today the unit was working with no issues. When I went out it armed even though my partner was home and it says in app that he is in range. When I got home again and both were showing in range it continued to not disarm and I had to do it manually as the notifications were driving me crazy. How can I fix this? There is no way I’ll remember all the time to arm it when I leave so it’s effectively useless to have at the moment

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just try and increase the size of Geo-zones area ....

sometimes the assisted gps is not as accurate on phones

see if that helps

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
StaceyNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Awesome thanks I changed it and seems to have worked. We live on a small farm so hoping it will still arm while we are out the back as every now and again people stop in and we have house opened. Will trial and see but good temporary fix regardless.
StaceyNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Was excited this was working but now it won’t rearm when we leave the house 🙈 we have only had it just over a week and thought it was so brilliant. Now I’m ready to take it back (argh)
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry... just remember with a larger geo zone, it may arm a bit farther away from home.

As mentioned, some phones have wiggle room in the gps.

Morse is faster than texting!
StaceyNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was 20kms away and my partner further with work and didn’t arm so I think it’s a faulty system. Or atleast something is wrong. I have contacted the support team as well now. Haven’t heard back since they asked what system but here is hoping they have a solution
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation