Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Excessive Recordings

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PBungo
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro 2 mounted on my covered front porch, aiming at the front door. It doesnt pick up on cars going by on the street or people walking on the sidewalk, which is fine. But I get over 250 notifications a day from the camera recording nothing. It only happens during the day, so I'm guessing it is from light changes on ther camera? This has caused me to silence the notifications on my phone which means I could potentially miss ana actual notification when someone comes onto my porch or to my front door. I've changed the sensitivity settings and everything else I could think of with no change! I spent all of this money on a quality camera when I could've went with cameres from my alarm company or someone else with 24 hour recording and a DVR that wouldn't give me unnecessary alerts and recordings!

Please Help!

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the PIR devcie on the Pro2 is good to detect people at about a max of 25 ft....

So try to limit what your covering to theat amount of area.

Second, setup for sense level is a trial and error... most of mine are set about 90%. Also try to hav e the flow moving across the field of view in stead of straight in to the camera. Only lower or raise by 1 or 2 % at a time.

Can say when properly set up , they do work well without a lot of false triggers.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation