Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HoldenMaGroin
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I select continuous record and there is motion in the room, motion is the only thing that will record. And it will only record for 10 to 15 seconds at a time.  So if someone is moving around continuously for 60 seconds I will receive 4 or 5 different recordings of 15+- seconds.  If there is no motion in the room continuous record will continue to record until motion is detected.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remember that the camera has to detect motion, not your eyes. Short recordings implies that either motion stopped briefly (my tests seem to indicate ~5 seconds of no motion will stop recordings) and/or the motion can't be detected for various reasons. Motion is best detected across the FOV, not at the camera, and the motion sensitivity setting in your modes and rules is appropriate for your needs.

In addition, many times it just works better to use timed recordings.

HoldenMaGroin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat.  My main issue is when I select the continuous record button and there is notion in the room.  I expect it to continually record until I select stop on the continuous record button.  My camera only picks up the motion in the room and stops recording continually even though the button is red telling me it is recording non stop.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Are you using live view and manually recording or is this for a mode/rule for motion detection recording?

HoldenMaGroin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using live view and manual recording.  The camera is supposed to continually record when manually recording. When someone starts moving in the camera area the camera starts recording motion and stops continual recording so I only get 10 to 15 second clips of motion record.  I expect it to record everything until I select stop recording if I have it set to continually record the area.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHen manually recording, it should remain in the recording mode until you click stop, just as you have expected. It may be that the WiFi connection between the base and camera is having problems, causing the camera to stop prematurely. It's also possible that you have a very slow upload speed which would cause the same thing. Have you tested your speeds using speedtest.net? What are they?

HoldenMaGroin
Aspirant
Aspirant

My speeds the last time I checked were good.  I will check them again.  I did reboot the WiFi and I reset the Arlo Base.  I added the cameras back like I did during setup and I am still having the same problem. I emailed tech support thinking it could be the latest firmware update. I have not heard back from them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Email just ain't gonna work - I don't think it's even monitored although sometimes allowed to be selected. Use phone or chat.

HoldenMaGroin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks...I did use chat yesterday and they created a ticket for me.  I'm not sure they understand what's happening completely but at least I have a ticket open on this issue.  I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this same problem? 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation