Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Cameras do not sync not matter what I do. Tried changing settings on router too.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Awatan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,
I bought 4 camera pack yesterday. Thought it would be plug and play. Anyway, I am trying to sync cameras from yesterday but not being successful. I have tried everything that Arlo support asked for i.e. syncing through app, offline sync etc. The last support person on the call asked me to set the MTU of the router to 1400 (I was like WTH!!!). I did that but to effect as well. Each time I go to the support they ask me to do same steps again and again which is extremely annoying even though I provide them previous case number everytime.
Any tips on what can I do more to set this extremely expensive camera pack. Otherwise, I am going to return the product. I don't have the time and the patience for these issues after spending so much.

P.S: This is the first for me that someone has asked me to change the MTU on the router to make a product work. Extremely annoying to change an important network parameter to make a product work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Awatan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got cameras syncing after disabling the firewall on my router. After the syncing was successful, I enabled the firewall again. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds. If that doesn't work, swap at the store.

Awatan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took it to the store. They tried it and the camera synced in one go. Seems like its something to do with my wifi. Can this be a port permit issue on the router? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

After rebooting the base, what is the LED showing?

Awatan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got cameras syncing after disabling the firewall on my router. After the syncing was successful, I enabled the firewall again. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation