Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two batteries never held charge. Had system for over a year but now using it.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BDBD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought the Arlo pro 2 system new when it came out but never used it and it sat around for some time in the box..... I pulled it out of the box about of the box recently to use it and of course the free trial was still available. Unfortunately when the free trial ran out my camera started not to record certain sessions they would record sometimes not others and now one completely won't connect or work with any battery. Out of all three cameras two batteries never held the charge, one battery does somewhat The only battery that still works is the extra battery that was purchased separately. I called Arlo although they had a great customer service after chatting and giving lots of serial numbers I was told that basically because my Arlo system was so outdated that there was no update to make them work correctly as they were intended to do. Aka out of luck UNLESS OF COURSE they said if I paid the service they would work ahain....so now I am out all the money for a system that I basically never used because Arlo doesn't have an update.... Please tell me what cell phone maker would do this to its customers. Hands down worse system ever and I will definitely be going back to ring

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BDBD
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after all the headaches and then arlo telling out a luck without a receipt.... The inlaws sent a dock charger
Idiot me didn't realize way to charge outside of the devices. Any ways. Got all batteries to charge to 100% and pretty much issue free.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It doesn't sound like you called Arlo support. Did you Google for it or did you use the Contact Support link at the bottom here?

If still within the warranty period, you should be able to get faulty hardware, including batteries, replaced. 

BDBD
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it was contact support link. I would ASSUME it's out of warranty. I've had it over a year. No recipes. Shoot I don't even remember if I bought it from Amazon or beat buy.... Is there a direct contact to find out. I'm not best computer person, but I can't find help anywhere. So I just chalked it up to a loss...
(Thank you for responding btw)
dcfox1
Master
Master

@BDBD wrote:
Yes it was contact support link. I would ASSUME it's out of warranty. I've had it over a year. No recipes. Shoot I don't even remember if I bought it from Amazon or beat buy.... Is there a direct contact to find out. I'm not best computer person, but I can't find help anywhere. So I just chalked it up to a loss...
(Thank you for responding btw)

Was it the contact us links at the bottom of this page. What you said to pay for service does not make sense as they do not do that. Even out out warranty Arlo would troubleshoot with you as the Pro2 is still supported. There are several post of people that called a scam number when searching for it were told they would have to pay.

Here is a direct link. https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/default.aspx

BDBD
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bottom link is the number I called. But I will try your route now. Thank again!
BDBD
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wellll. Got someone on the chat deal.... Gave em all the Info and told me w out a recipe they can't help me. And since it's been well over a year. I'm a look again but I haven't a clue
BDBD
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after all the headaches and then arlo telling out a luck without a receipt.... The inlaws sent a dock charger
Idiot me didn't realize way to charge outside of the devices. Any ways. Got all batteries to charge to 100% and pretty much issue free.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation