Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
smax360
Guide
Guide

I am attempting to contact the Arlo support team. I have had three Arlo Pro 2 cameras fail in the last year due to power charging fault failurem, both lasting less than four months. The first two Pro 2 models were replaced under Arlo warranty and now Arlo Support has stopped responding to a case (#40572365) they opened for the latest failure. I have tried contacting Arlo Customer Support but have not received any response. These cameras are not cheap and should last longer than 3-4 months; the Pro 1 models have each lasted 9+ months and counting. The cameras will not accept a charge from the AC power supply, nor will the removable batteries accept a charge or recharge. 

7 REPLIES 7
Johnvic7u
Aspirant
Aspirant
I get a charging fault probably once a week. I have to take the battery out reinstall and leave it on just battery for a few days then plug it in for the a.c. power to start working again. Needless to say this product is garbage and will never buy anything from them again.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Same here.. since mine is connected to an ac smartplug, I'm able to control it instead of taking the battery out.. When I start seeing the "Charging fault", I turn off my smartplug thru an App and wait for a couple of minutes and turn back on again and most of the time it fixes it and charges my battery but sometimes it takes a couple of hours.. Yes, it's a PIA sometimes especially when battery is drained below 20%.. But most of the time this happens on cold or rainy days.. 

Johnvic7u
Aspirant
Aspirant
Agreed. It's sad they can't get it right, but are steadily putting out new products.
Mcddrums
Initiate
Initiate

I have this same issue, but cannot for the life of me work out where to submit a warranty repair request etc. 

Can someone please send me details of how to submit a ticket for repair under warranty or a link please? 

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
smax360
Guide
Guide

UPDATE from original post: I borrowed an Arlo Pro 2 battery from a neighbor and discoverd the Camera is still working, so the issue appears to be limited to a bad (destroyed?) battery. Arlo is still not responding to my original case #, nor have they offered any warranty support for this issue. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open another one referencing the original case.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation