Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doesn't work with Google home voice commands

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kevinko1788
Aspirant
Aspirant

As the subject state, my Arlo pro 2 cameras don't work with google home voice commands.

For example, Hey Google, show me front door on living room TV. It gives me youtube search result.

No matter what I do, it just gives me Youtube result. 

Please advise, or fix.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @kevinko1788,

Make sure that your have your Arlo account linked with your Google account. If you already have it linked, try to relink it again. You can read here on how to connect your Arlo camera with Google: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to the Google Assistant app?

kevinko1788
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JessicaP

I linked Arlo acct and Google account already. I am able to see my cameras in Google home app.

Still, I am not able to voice command stream live camera video. It will only show Youtube result for the command.

For example, "stream front door on my living room TV" Google home will give me "Front door" search result on Youtube.

Any more advise?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure that your Arlo camera is named as "front door" or check to see what name it is shown for the camera.

kevinko1788
Aspirant
Aspirant
I completed the setup., named everything correctly. Is there a tech support person in Arlo ?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What I can do is create a case for you so our support team can further help you out. I have sent you a PM to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation