Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
mbeee36
Aspirant
Aspirant

The CVR on our Arlo Pro 2 camera is not showing the 24/7 recording. It was working just two days ago and then sometime after 9 AM yesterday it stopped working. Although I keep receiving emails saying that motion has been detected but no recordings to show for it. When I click on "Live" it'll play the live stream but I can't go back on the timeline. I've tried everything from restarting, rebooting, hard resetting, etc. and it's still not working. Our camera is a couple feet away from the router and base, the firmware has been updated, we have excellent WiFi signal so that's not the issue.

Also when I set up the activity zone it never records when motion SHOULD be detected. And all the settings are correct. It's very inconvenient and I've paid a decent amount of money for this system to work. So frustrating. Any ideas or solutions would be very helpful.

15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mbeee36,

For the Arlo Pro 2 to utilize CVR/Zones it needs to be plugged in. Is your Pro 2 plugged in? Are you seeing any error messages?

JamesC

mbeee36
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is plugged in and no it does not show any error messages.

-Melissa
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By any chance is the camera looking through a window? That would explain the issue.

mbeee36
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is. But when we first set it up it worked perfectly. And now after a snow storm it stopped working.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

CVR should work fine when plugged in and looking through a window. However, motion detection won't work since it requires the use of the PIR sensor and glass blocks the needed IR to set of a recording. I've seen motion detection on a P2 work through glass before but that was during the beta and firmware has changed.

Gregm92
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pro2 mounted under eave looking down on my deck records 6-9 seconds repeatedly but there is nothing moving

Gregm92
Aspirant
Aspirant

My front door camera includes a view of my driveway. Some days it records as I leave for or come home from work. Other days it does not. Today a 3 foot tall styrofoam bush cover blew across my front yard about 15-20 feet from the camera and it did not recognize the motion.

Craftsman727
Initiate
Initiate

Did you get your camera to sync with the cvr? Mine is doing the same thing.  Recorded for an hour and then nothing for days.   Connected to power, detects motion ok, records clips.  Just wont record to by $10/month cvr account which is assigned to this camera.   Thanks!

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Your issue is similar to mine mbeee36.  One day CVR just disappeared off my system to never show up again or be able to be reenabled.  Dont worry, they dont forget to continue charging you for it though.

jmarkwv
Aspirant
Aspirant
My CVR, which I paid for, stopped working. It shows up as working, but it is a black screen and you cannot look back. It worked great for five months. What is the problem?
Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem CVR was working with some issues and now it’s completely black. No spinning wheel or anything.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ramulous,

What are the issues you are experiencing with your system?

Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
CVR is completely black. No spinning wheel or anything
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine's been working fine. What device and OS? Have you tried both the app and a browser?

Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
The black screen got fixed by turning off CVR on the camera it was on and moving it to a different camera. It worked on that camera so then I turned it off on that camera and put it back on the original camera and it worked. The only problem I can see right now is the time line is wrong. And delayed. I’ve attached the files. The earlier one is the correct one out of library motion detect. The second is late out of CVR 24 x 7. It’s only letting me post one photo though. Rats.
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation