Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jgarcia95020
Tutor
Tutor

Earlier today I had a lengthy discussion with an Arlo representative via chat and there was no solution.  I was told that there will have to be a firmware update rolled out to correct this issue, but I just dont buy that, because if this is an ongoing problem there will be a lot of angry Arlo owners.  My situtation is this.  I have two cameras pointing at the front of my house at different angles.   One is an Arlo Pro and the other is an Arlo Pro 2.  Yesterday I connected my Pro 2 to a power supply to utilize CVR.  Well everytime there is motion on my Arlo Pro 2 with CVR, whatever is being recorded does not show on the timeline. For example, at 8:07am today my wife came home from taking my son to school.  Our Arlo Pro camera captured that, but when I pull up the timeline on my Arlo Pro 2 that video does not show.  The odd thing is there is video recorded at that time and the timeline shows a green bar indicating there was motion, but our car entering the garage is not on the video.  Ive put a link to the video Ive mentioned.  This is driving me crazy.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJBb2AyJo5c

Any help is appreciated.

37 REPLIES 37
MANARSJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine doesn’t record most of the night and skips to the wrong time. Just had someone come into my business and steal a bunch of stuff. I have 1 second of image. Not exaggerating. Terrible system. I am planning to get something else in there and cancelling. This is the 5th time Arlo has failed me when I really needed it and I’ve only needed it 5 times. Support will not help.
Loki2019
Initiate
Initiate
Hi JessicaP, I just purchased the pro2 system. After realizing it was too hit and miss with battery I hardwired in the cameras. While this significantly helped, it totally missed my friend leaving a note on my car so I opted to pay the cvr fee for two cameras. Now I’m also having the same timeline issues described here nearly a year after many of these threads started. Is this still be worked on and if so will it be fixed soon? Or do I need to cancel my subscriptions and return the entire system? Thanks for your help.
Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
One thing about this service is that it relies on the internet. If there’s an internet outage how would you expect it to work. So now the next question do you think Arlo tests with an ideal hardwire in their lab or with a real world internet connection. My guess the former because they can’t seem to figure out that they have a significant amount of their customer base complaining yet they claim it works. I use it and have been for a long time. It takes a great amount of patience and on the good days it’s a great system and on the bad days well its bad as you already know. It’s a pity that they won’t listen to us and reach out to us in an attempt to get to the bottom of the issue. Instead they choose to live in an ivory tower and pretend that everything is fine when obviously it s not. I’ve had great success with the system but I also have a huge amount of time talking to tech support and tweaking the settings this way and that way. If you don’t have much time and patience then perhaps you should move on to a Ethernet type system where you have to run a cable to each camera and the central device is located in your house and can still work during an internet outage
jgarcia95020
Tutor
Tutor
Loki2019, I would really consider the return option before it's too late. Although I don't have an Arlo system anymore I still get notifications when there are replies to this thread. It's actually crazy to me that this has still not been fixed yet there continues to be new Arlo cameras coming out. I don't believe there is any intention by the Arlo engineers to fix this problem. As I said earlier, the Nest Cam IQ has been great. I have not had a single issue with it since I got it. Yeah it's costs a little more and is a little bulkier, although not much bulkier, but it's worked flawlessly. I get notifications within seconds of the camera seeing motion and it continues to record. I wish there was a batter backup just in case power goes out, but that's just one negative thing I have to deal with. Anyways, I hope this helps. Good luck, I hope you find a solution that works for you.
Erock218
Guide
Guide

Thank you everyone for confirming my thoughts and worries about this system. The continuous recording mode works like 10 percent of the time. Not only is it expensive at 10 dollars a camera but you will be paying for something that 100% fails to work and will not be reliable. You might as well take 10 bucks every month and just set it on fire. Speaking to a rep on the phone was abysmal and it doesn't even sound like they know their products. No solutions and I don't see one coming after looking at this thread and seeing it's been an issue for over a year. Returning this system to Best buy and will be going with the Nest IQ cam.

Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you write back in and let us know how the Nest 24 x 7 works. Or if anybody knows. Arlo should get one so they can see how it’s supposed to work.
Kenh199
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issues as described in this thread. Had I know this I wouldn’t have bought the camera. Surprised that Arlo seem to be ignoring the issue. Very disappointing.
jayhova1
Guide
Guide

Same problems here. 3x CVR cameras.  Timeline jumps around, can't call up video at the time I want, or missing clips.  I have tried multiple desktop browsers and an up to date iPhone.  I have been hoping Netgear would fix these issues but I am losing hope.  Unfortunately I've spent a lot of money on this system along with doorbell and chime and multuple subscriptions.  I have logged a support ticket but am not hoping for much.

EPConner
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have huge gaps in my Arlo pro 2 timeline. I can see recorded events when I’m away and the system is armed but when I look at the timeline at the same time as those recorded events the timeline picture is blank. I’m paying a full monthly fee for a service that doesn’t work half the time. I believe Arlo owes me some money back.
zekeftw
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JessicaP wrote:

Hey everyone,

Our engineering team is aware that some users are experiencing problems with CVR and is currently investigating the problem. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

This thread is almost a year old now and I can report that this issue has not been fixed. I just got off the phone with arlo customer service and they're going to "look in to it."

I have seven Arlo Pro 2 cameras and this happens with every camera's CVR timeline. My download speed is 442 Mbps, upload speed is 19.64 Mbps, and ping is 12 ms. All cameras have a strong signal. 

I have invested over $1,000 in Arlo hardware and more with the monthly subscription and I'm very disappointed with the CVR timeline. I am pretty happy with the motion detection overall but the CVR needs to be prioritized if you're going to charge a monthly fee for it. There should be an option to back up the CVR locally.

jgarcia95020
Tutor
Tutor
To me it's obvious that this is in no way a priority for Arlo. Like I've said earlier, I'm no longer using Arlo but I still get notifications when there are replies to this thread. I really don't believe there is any intention to fix this problem and I always wonder, at what point is someone going to file a class action lawsuit against Arlo. Their bigger priority seems to be in releasing new products rather than supporting the ones people have already purchased.
zekeftw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too plan on cancelling my Arlo subscriptions and selling my cameras online. At a huge loss I'm afraid. But what's the point if they dont fix such a critical issue. 

Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes truely annoying.  I'm still having issues here too.  Just called tech support and they are supposed to get back to me.  How are they getting away with charging money for something that is so flaky and ureliable?

Discussion stats