Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

USB connection for camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ringback123
Follower
Follower
Hi!

I want to hook up my Arlo PRO 2 camera with AC-power so i dont have to charge the battery. But are there any difference using a standalone AC-adapter compered to plug-in the camera directly into the Base-station?

Im actually wondering if its any data-trafic through the USB cabel or is it just for charging?
3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
The USB backup devices plug into the base station if optioned.

I would suggest that these USB slots on the base will not have sufficient power capacity to run and charge the camera.

You need to use the camera charger adapter and cable that came with the system.

To charge the camera with battery you need a Qualcomm compatible charger or you can try a standard one but it will only run the camera and not charge the battery.

Just beware that some generic chargers may not work as the camera requires the full 5vdc.
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Also be forewarned that if you have your camera set to record for certain amount of time and you have them powered by AC, (always plugged in), there’s a bug right now that will not let that happen. They will only record for about 13 to 18 seconds.

There’s a few threads on this website that go into more detail about this problem.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I want to hook up my Arlo PRO 2 camera with AC-power so i dont have to charge the battery. But are there any difference using a standalone AC-adapter compered to plug-in the camera directly into the Base-station?

Im actually wondering if its any data-trafic through the USB cabel or is it just for charging?

You can run a Pro2 on a regular usb charger if it puts out about 1.5a+ ( with battery removed )

You need the original ac adapter to charge the battery as it is a qualcom dual voltage type ( 5 & 9v ) so it can run and/or charge the battery if installed.

There is no data feed thru the usb port

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation