Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jgarcia95020
Tutor
Tutor

Earlier today I had a lengthy discussion with an Arlo representative via chat and there was no solution.  I was told that there will have to be a firmware update rolled out to correct this issue, but I just dont buy that, because if this is an ongoing problem there will be a lot of angry Arlo owners.  My situtation is this.  I have two cameras pointing at the front of my house at different angles.   One is an Arlo Pro and the other is an Arlo Pro 2.  Yesterday I connected my Pro 2 to a power supply to utilize CVR.  Well everytime there is motion on my Arlo Pro 2 with CVR, whatever is being recorded does not show on the timeline. For example, at 8:07am today my wife came home from taking my son to school.  Our Arlo Pro camera captured that, but when I pull up the timeline on my Arlo Pro 2 that video does not show.  The odd thing is there is video recorded at that time and the timeline shows a green bar indicating there was motion, but our car entering the garage is not on the video.  Ive put a link to the video Ive mentioned.  This is driving me crazy.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJBb2AyJo5c

Any help is appreciated.

37 REPLIES 37
Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact problem.  I spent an hour and a half saying the same thing over and over on their phone line.  When one of the cameras that's plugged in gets a motion trigger it shows the corresponding video of the motion in the library.  But when it goes into the library for some reason its not in the CVR.  Even though the timeline in the CVR ticks by ok its as if the vehicle or whatever it was is not there.  If everybody tests for that and complains it will force them to fix it.  Hard to believe you have to pay a monthly fee for something that doesn't work right.  Any ideas anybody.

jgarcia95020
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you so much for your response. I'm glad to know it's not just me. It actually seems likes it's a playback issue and not a firmware issue. If it was firmware I believe it wouldn't even show in the recorded lists. Like suggested, can others with CVR test this on theirs? It would be a big help.

GCHRM7
Guide
Guide

I'm on my second system, returned the first because I thought it was a hardware issue. My CVR loses anywhere from 5 minutes to 6 hours of footage at a time. It's clearly a firmware issue. People have been complaining on here since last January about these issues and they've never been fixed. I wouldnt hold my breath 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

Our engineering team is aware that some users are experiencing problems with CVR and is currently investigating the problem. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello J Garcia and others. You should go to Google and search speed test and run it and then report here your speed. My download speed is 150Mbits per sec My upload speed is around 12 Mbps. If anybody thinks CVR is working they should also report their internet speed.
Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately further testing is showing that CVR has even more issues. I wait until a car drives up the street WITHOUT any trigger and play back minutes before through the correct time and minutes past and no car. I am taking Arlo videos to court tomorrow with time stamps on them. I just hope that Arlo understands that these videos are serious business that they charge money for, as well as all the other ones for that matter. This is not a toy!
jgarcia95020
Tutor
Tutor
I continue to test the system also. This morning I got a motion notification. I checked the video and a vehicle was driving by, problem is, it didn't capture the car til it was almost out of frame. This car wasn't doing anything wrong, I was just checking for testing purposes. When I went to the timeline to view the last 2 minutes before the motion was detected, the video wouldn't play. There was a 2-3 block of time right before the motion that will no play. If I go 4 minutes back it plays and once I get closer to the time of motion, not the exact time of motion, the video just stops playing. I have to move the timeline past the recorded portion in order to get the timeline to play again. I wish I had not waited so long to connect my camera to a power source to do CVR, I would have returned the camera in a heart beat. And now I can't even sell it because I don't want someone having a faulty camera. This is just bad business.

As for a speed test, on my wireless connection I have 300Mpbs down and 20Mpbs up. So that really shouldn't be the problem.
Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
It continues to degrade. Now in the 24x 7 timeline it is completely black. No spinning wheel or anything. Yet everything else seems to be working very good.
jgarcia95020
Tutor
Tutor
Same with me. I ended up cancelling my CVR plan until we have a real working solution. Unfortunately I can't wait much longer. If there is no fix offered then I may need to get another surveillance system.
Nathanerx7
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo, 

I have had this issue that now has cost me enough time and fustration so i am typing this out. When i signed up for timeline it all seemed to be working correctly. Nothing on my end has changed. Great internet speeds same four cameras. Slowly timeline became odd and wasnt alowing me to view my 24 hor cloud feed as stated.  Now i have nothing on time line at all. I have cancell my sub and will switch cameras over if this is not adressed in someway. All has been reset and rebooted. I find it BS that a company as well marketed as arlo can not dump enough $$ into fixing this issue for your customers......but i gues it goes along with not even having a customer service #. I will not add to my system or reccomend arlo for this reason. If it dont work dont sell it!!! BUsiness rule 101, Im sure some law prohibits this type of false claims. 0 stars for now. 

jgarcia95020
Tutor
Tutor
After not receiving any help from the Arlo team I completely got rid of my Arlo system. I gave it to someone who has no intention of using CVR. I switched to Nest and couldn't be happier. Ive had it for about a month and it's worked flawlessly. It's a little more expensive but the reliability makes it worth it. Plus my main outdoor camera is 4k. The quality is outstanding. I used to recommend Arlo to people who were looking for an easy to setup security solution. Unfortunately I can no longer do that.
GCHRM7
Guide
Guide

Agreed, it's been over a month since this was posted and the issues have only gotten worse. I wish i had looked on these forums before I purchased it in the first place.. its a piece of garbage. I went ahead and bought a nest camera like the previous poster. Its a shame a company of this size is screwing people over so hard and continue to do so. All i can say is leave as many negative reviews as you can and save the next poor soul from making the same mistake we did

Vmatheboss
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the exact same issue. I've used numerous different systems before and never had I received this much headache I paid nearly$1000 for 6 cameras and a base station, purchased about 200 dollars worth of mounts, extended cables and wall charger etc... Now I'm paying another 250 for 4 camera cvr... Little do I know, the cvr sucks and doesn't have time stamps or anything... I get the exact same issue I see the green line when the motion is detected, but it takes forever to replay... When it does, I can guarantee you it was the wrong time frame being replayed... An example would be my pulling up in the driveway at 1:40am.. I look and my car isn't there but shows the green motion.... I can't believe I paid so much for a system when I could've just gone the zmodo route and they have cvr that actually works and cheaper.... I wonder if I can get my money back for the system as I bought it 3 days ago from best buy..I will be cancelling subscription
Nathanerx7
Tutor
Tutor

Great so ill just switch too. So is nest the best then??? I spent/waasted 20 min on the phone with "support". I swear its just a call center that is paid to wear ya out and make you hang up. i tap-im done-no more arlo 4 me...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

We once again appreciate your patience and understanding about this. Our team is still investigating the problem with the CVR timeline. We will provide new updates as soon as we have more information to share.

Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the 24 x 7  CVR on one camera.  What I have found is that sometimes it does show the correct time but not always.  I haven't figured out what is causing it yet like what triggers, time of day or what?  One thing it seems to do is that while you are playing something back from before it is no longer recording the present.   With a lot of patience and the willingness to have some gaps in the data it is somewhat usable.  When the timeline goes completely black with no spinning wheel I was able to make it work again by dragging the CVR camera down to disable it and then renable it.  Caution though because this will wipe out any prior data.  Hope they can come up with some ideas to fix all this like buffer it up in the base station better or something.  Its also puzzling why the tech support isn't very good.

Nathanerx7
Tutor
Tutor

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE! IF THIS WAS MY COMPANY EVERYONE THERE WOULD BE WORKING 24/7 UNTIL FIXED. THIS IS RIDICULOUS BS!!! THANKS FOR WASTING A LARGE VALUABLE PORTION OF MY TIME AND LIFE. wHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND, SEEN IT MANY TIMES. GOD BLESS U

Nando012
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing the same issue. It is a total let down . Arlo is not delivering on it's subscription services and it is robbery. I will be unsubscribing immediately.
Vmatheboss
Aspirant
Aspirant
I returned everything about a month now and went with nest iq outdoor. So much better and no issues with anything.
Nando012
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thankyou for the recommendation...I'll look into it
Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant

Way to go Arlo.  My 24 x 7 went down 15 minutes before a crime was committed.  Here's an idea for you; quit using your resources to develop new features until you get the ones you have working.  This product is obviously being mismanaged.  I don't have the luxury to start over with another system at the moment and am stuck with this one.  If all the other ones work then there's no reason if the resources are put on it that this one can't work too.   I would like to remind you again that this is not a toy.  You have the following options.

1.  Fix the 24 x 7.

2.  Give everybody a refund and quit charging for it.

There are no excuses any more and apologies are no longer acceptable.

Joonbug
Tutor
Tutor
I'm so bummed to read all of this. I bought it and set it up in another state 2 weeks ago. Same issues. Can't get back to this location in time to return it.
jayhova
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any updates on what could be going on here? I also just shelled out a ton of money on a 6 camera kit, mounts, outdoor power adapters, etc. I am seeing all the same CVR issues as everyone else on 3 cameras. I probably have a week to return the cameras but I’ll be out all the money I spent on accessories. This really is not acceptable for a security camera system.

Also is it just me or is there no way to download the CVR video at all? Do I really need to view it on a computer and take screen captures?
Silentjayyy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same CVR issues as everyone else. Timeline constantly has missing gaps and the time stamp rarely matches up to when the motion actually occurs. The green motion bar on the timeline will usually show when the motion occurred but the video will show the motion at a much different time. The night vision and sometimes even the normal daylight video gets very pixelated at times with the Arlo Pro 2 camera plugged in. Both these issues have been brought up to this company for over a year and they still don’t have a real response or resolution for either.
Discussion stats