Arlo Pro 2 Bug: Live Feed Won't Stop In Mobile App
Yet another bug with the Arlo Pro 2:
When viewing a live feed of one of the cameras from the mobile app often you cannot exit the feed. You press the pause icon to exit (which is not intuitive, but besides the point) the feed and the pause button greys out, but the feed continuesto play and you cannot exit.
Heres how to reproduce:
In portrait mode on the mobile app start a live feed of a camera.
Expand Video to fullscreen, while still in Portrait mode
Turn device to landscape mode, so video goes fullscreen.
Press pause to termiate live feed, and observe pause button go grey and the feed continues.
Only way to stop it is to force quit the app, or rotate the screen back and forth until the pause button decides to function.
See this screen recording of the bug in action.
@JamesC shoot this one up the chain while you are at it.
This seems to be a problem with the IOS app rather than the Pro 2 camera but will make sure when I get my hands on an Iphone later.
It does not do this on my Android. Hitting pause in landscape mode will stop live view and send you back to the app in portrait mode.
Can you try and re-install the app?
@Streak2 Removed app, rebooted phone, reinstalled app, same result.
Open Live Feed in portrait
press fullscreen button
rotate phone to landscape
press pause to stop feed, feed wont stop.
rotate phone back to portrait, then back to landscape
pressing pause now exits feed
1. Turn on live view in portrait
2. Full screen it and then rotate to landscape
3. Press home button then go to another app (ie Smartthings)
4. Press home and open Arlo.
-you may hear double audio while the live view is running. Stopping it will stop live view and 1 of 2 audio
- you may find your landscape fuller screen has vanished but the audio is still playing
- you may find yourself in landscape full screen and find yourself able to stop live view no problem
- Turning off the camera in software does not stop the audio.
- switching to another app temporarily stops the audio but it will come back when you open arlo again. (Sometimes arlo will ask you to login while you hear the audio playing)
- Audio will not stop on it’s own after 5 minutes.
- Killing the app stops the audio.
My main concern is that the camera still thinks it is live viewing and thus will drain the battery.
I have experienced this on iOS 11 in iPhone X and iPhone 7 Plus
Killing the app might stop it temporarily but will resume when I go back into the app. How do I stop it? Well... I take the batteries out of the camera.
Since this issue is pretty bad I basically do my best to avoid it. Here are my tips to avoid it.
1) always stop a live view before exiting the app.
2) do not use full screen
3) if I must use live view, only use it for a couple of seconds. The longer live view is active the more likely it will get stuck. Sometimes the live view will end by itself but the audio will still be playing. If I live view on top of that I’ll end up with double audio playing at the same time. One audio is the previous and the other is the current live view.
I have had this happening on the Arlo reasonably frequently and since adding an Arlo Pro camera to the system found that particular camera seems to be a repeat offender.
i have 2 different systems running......one at a holiday house......both systems have had it happening intermittently over the last 12 months.
The only way I’ve found to stop it is to turn the iPhone phone off and on.
There always seems to be some kind of bug even when they are doing “bug fixes” !!
I think I have just fixed this (the usual fix with the Arlo App) - again by deleting the app and then reinstalling it.
I have 2 iPhones and just tested it on one and it stops the live feed or any sound once the app is closed (or even the phone is locked!). Whereas, the iPhone that still has the app that hasn’t been deleted and reinstalled still has the issues of playing audio even though the app has been closed and the phone locked
Hopefully it may work for you!!! Was the same issue when one of my cameras was offline - had to delete the app and reinstall!
Good luck 🙂
Ok, it’s about time you fix this. No, turning it off and on again does not work. Every time I look at live feed the sound stays on until I crash the app. Current IOS on iPad.
Camera sound won't stop after live feed sound unless you crash the app. This problem has been reported since October last year. Solution please or its back to the store for the second time. I will not try again if you do not try to help customers. The first set was a bad camera and you have to return all cameras with the chance that the next set might work. After two sets I give up on ARLO. 6 months and nothing but problems. Get it together Netgear.