Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide

Yet another bug with the Arlo Pro 2:

When viewing a live feed of one of the cameras from the mobile app often you cannot exit the feed. You press the pause icon to exit (which is not intuitive, but besides the point) the feed and the pause button greys out, but the feed continuesto play and you cannot exit.

Heres how to reproduce:

In portrait mode on the mobile app start a live feed of a camera.

Expand Video to fullscreen, while still in Portrait mode

Turn device to landscape mode, so video goes fullscreen.

Press pause to termiate live feed, and observe pause button go grey and the feed continues.

Only way to stop it is to force quit the app, or rotate the screen back and forth until the pause button decides to function.

See this screen recording of the bug in action.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CbicTuIEkkcE9BTEUxWE1qZWs/view?usp=sharing

@JamesC shoot this one up the chain while you are at it.

25 REPLIES 25
Streak2
Master Master
Master

This seems to be a problem with the IOS app rather than the Pro 2 camera but will make sure when I get my hands on an Iphone later.

It does not do this on my Android. Hitting pause in landscape mode will stop live view and send you back to the app in portrait mode.

Can you try and re-install the app?

ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide

@Streak2 removed app, reinstalled same behavior. Also odd, that after reinstalling the app I didn't have to relogin.. I guess It kept an existing token or web session? Strange.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Just tested on an Iphone 6S running IOS 11.0.3 and everything works as expected.

What model phone and OS are you using?

ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide

iPhone 8 Plus

iOS 11.0.3

I can reproduce it pretty consistently.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

That is odd.

Maybe try and remove the app. Reset the phone and then try and reinstall.

ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide

@Streak2 Removed app, rebooted phone, reinstalled app, same result.

Open Live Feed in portrait

press fullscreen button

rotate phone to landscape

press pause to stop feed, feed wont stop.

rotate phone back to portrait, then back to landscape

pressing pause now exits feed

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Sorry I can't reproduce this. From landscape as soon as pause is pushed it stops and reverts to the app. In portrait mode.

Anyone else?
ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide

@Streak2 no worries that is the least of my issues with this system. The camera falling offline problem is much bigger issue.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

What firmware are you running on your Pro 2?

Mine updated to 1.124.0.0_15476 yesterday.

Virote328
Star
Star
I have this issue as well but with different steps. It doesn’t always happen but it happens often enough that I try to avoid full screen live view.

1. Turn on live view in portrait
2. Full screen it and then rotate to landscape
3. Press home button then go to another app (ie Smartthings)
4. Press home and open Arlo.

-you may hear double audio while the live view is running. Stopping it will stop live view and 1 of 2 audio
- you may find your landscape fuller screen has vanished but the audio is still playing
- you may find yourself in landscape full screen and find yourself able to stop live view no problem

Also...
- Turning off the camera in software does not stop the audio.
- switching to another app temporarily stops the audio but it will come back when you open arlo again. (Sometimes arlo will ask you to login while you hear the audio playing)
- Audio will not stop on it’s own after 5 minutes.
- Killing the app stops the audio.

My main concern is that the camera still thinks it is live viewing and thus will drain the battery.

I have experienced this on iOS 11 in iPhone X and iPhone 7 Plus
TyDy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a different but similar issue while using the app with my iPhone 7.. when I open the Arlo app, The live feed is off but there is white noise, I closed the app, But i still hear the white noise. I deleted all the videos, turned sound recording off, and still have the hits noise. I have to turn music on or watch a YouTube video to get the white noise to stop. Anyone else having similar issues?
Virote328
Star
Star
I’ve experienced something similar. It tends to happen when I do a live view with full screen then go home or switch apps. I’ll still hear the audio n the background.

Killing the app might stop it temporarily but will resume when I go back into the app. How do I stop it? Well... I take the batteries out of the camera.

Since this issue is pretty bad I basically do my best to avoid it. Here are my tips to avoid it.

1) always stop a live view before exiting the app.
2) do not use full screen
3) if I must use live view, only use it for a couple of seconds. The longer live view is active the more likely it will get stuck. Sometimes the live view will end by itself but the audio will still be playing. If I live view on top of that I’ll end up with double audio playing at the same time. One audio is the previous and the other is the current live view.
Jenza57
Tutor
Tutor

I have had this happening on the Arlo reasonably frequently and since adding an Arlo Pro camera to the system found that particular camera seems to be a repeat offender. 

i have 2 different systems running......one at a holiday house......both systems have had it happening intermittently over the last 12 months.

The only way I’ve found to stop it is to turn the iPhone phone off and on.

Juno83
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 3 Arlo Pro wireless cameras and since a recent app update have had the same issue! Mine is not always with “Live” view however and often is from what the cameras have filmed. I watch what has been filmed on my iPhone, then when I come out of the app, even if my phone is locked, you can still hear audio from those files. I have to go back to Arlo App and physically shut the app down.

There always seems to be some kind of bug even when they are doing “bug fixes” !!
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
This happens to me rather frequently.
Arlo, please fix.
psells
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently added a Arlo Pro 2 to my system which also has the original Arlo Pro cameras. My audio will not shut off on the Arlo Pro 2 camera after I pause live view or log out. I have to reboot my phone for it to shut off. Are there any fixes?
Juno83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

I think I have just fixed this (the usual fix with the Arlo App) - again by deleting the app and then reinstalling it.

I have 2 iPhones and just tested it on one and it stops the live feed or any sound once the app is closed (or even the phone is locked!). Whereas, the iPhone that still has the app that hasn’t been deleted and reinstalled still has the issues of playing audio even though the app has been closed and the phone locked

Hopefully it may work for you!!! Was the same issue when one of my cameras was offline - had to delete the app and reinstall!
psells
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the info. I just reinstalled the app and so far so good. Time will tell. Thank you!
Juno83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Most welcome! Hope it works, seems to have fixed my app issue too, may it continue - until the next app version update!!

Good luck 🙂
rickyjn
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, it’s about time you fix this.  No, turning it off and on again does not work. Every time I look at live feed the sound stays on until I crash the app.  Current IOS on iPad. 

psells
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes! Please fix! This is very annoying. I have tried everything to trouble shoot the issue. I have to reboot my iPhone to kill it so it doesn’t use up my Arlo Pro battery .
rickyjn
Tutor
Tutor

Camera sound won't stop after live feed sound unless you crash the app. This problem has been reported since October last year.  Solution please or its back to the store for the second time. I will not try again if you do not try to help customers. The first set was a bad camera and you have to return all cameras with the chance that the next set might work. After two sets I give up on ARLO.  6 months and nothing but problems.  Get it together Netgear.

Conroe
Aspirant
Aspirant

For Iphone try going to settings, background refresh and turn off Arlo.

Debilorraine
Tutor
Tutor
I have 3 older Arlo pros at one house, and 4 newer ones at another. After checking the cameras, we both have issue of one or more camera continuing to display for one or more device "[camera] is playing." This happens on both my husband's and my Android phones. We are unable to clear it unless we restart our phone.
Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation