Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Deedub
Star
Star

My system had been working well until overnight my Base Station internet connection dropped out: I'm getting a steady amber light at the center LED.

Have tried:

-rebooting,

-resetting using the reset button with paperclip (until 3 ambers come up),

-reconnecting the ethernet cable into my other router and then resetting

-reconnecting to the original router

.....And nothing.

Was there a firmware upgrade just uploaded? If so it has effectively bricked my base station.

I can't even reinstall the base station as until it connects the Arlo app won't even see it. 

Thanks for your help,

Cheers Deedub.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

JamesC

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Lx1x
Star
Star

System crash.. Everyone seems having same issues...  It's not your unit.

Kattkatt77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good to know, it has been a frustrating evening trying to figure it out.
Deedub
Star
Star
Ok thanks for the heads-up. A bit concerning for a security system though., and a msg from netgear would have bedn appropriate.
Hopefully all of the resets I have tried haven’t fried ky base station!
BMStewart69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just received this new Pro 2 system and have been trying all the troubleshooting tips for 2 hours to get the middle "internet" light to turn green from amber.  What does this "System Crash" mean and when will it be back up?

frv85
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are getting the same thing
souk92
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought my system and I cannot connect either.  Power is green, globe is amber, camera symbol is amber also 

Deedub
Star
Star

Reading other replies ir Seems that netgear’s own servers have crashed. The rumour is that due to black friday sales there was an extraordinary number of new users trying to join the system and this caused an oveload.

If i understand correctly the amber light is a bit misleading as this jndicates the base station cannot connect to netgear’s servers (because they are down): not that the base station cannot connect to the internet itself.

souk92
Aspirant
Aspirant

justs spoke with a rep on friday, 11/24 at 8pm central time.justs spoke with a rep on friday, 11/24 at 8pm central time.

mdknguyen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone been able to get this working?  Is it true there is an outage in the Orange County, CA area?  After waiting on the phone for 30 mins, the lady says there's no ETA.  Anyone have anything more firm?

Deedub
Star
Star

Outage is global. Has been out for 7hrs+.

netgear are “working on it”

hitechtony
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 6 x Arlo Pro 2 cameras up and running all plugged into mains power .

I was live viewing the kids at home and motion dectors would picked up the kids playing also.

For some reason now I can no longer view those two cameras on the app and comes up as "The camera is starting a motion alert ,please try again"

When I relaunch the app the last image on the those 2 cameras are the kids playing .

I have tried to turn those cameras on and off serval of times remotley, but no luck both on my iphone X or Deck top 

So is there a way to get these going again remotelty ?

And why do you think its happened ? 

Thanks in Advance  

bagl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Glad I found this! Have been turning on/off modem, router and base station for an hour. Not very impressed, my “security” cameras aren’t operational!
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
You might try removing the battery for about a minute and then resyncing to the base station
Deedub
Star
Star

Yes, I was glad I discovered it was a netgear issue too! I tried every possible troubleshoot exercise I could think of, only to discover I had wasted my time.

I just hope the reconnection will be seamless when it happens.

bagl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Houston, we have lift off! Mine is up and rolling. Hope it’s a cross system renewal!
Deedub
Star
Star

Well I am part of the way there. Base station is connecting to the internet now, however Now have the "authentication service down" message when I try to log in. Effectively, my base station is still offline as I can't log in to check my cameras or library.

It's progress, nonetheless.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

If you get 3 green lights on your Base, Try logging in thru Web it works for me.. I'm using Safari.. I haven't tried on any other browsers yet.. Pass it on if it works.. 

Update: I think it's all working now.. For me at least using iOS.. 

hitechtony
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, what I have found 

Problem seems to be with the base station and not the camera 

I got the kids to turn off the base station for 5mins restart it and it seems to be working now.

Lets see how it goes

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Likely a server issue. Dunno if it's totally resolved yet but sounds like it is for you.

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

I trust that everyone is back up and running by now. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation