• 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
PedroT99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there!

I'm a new user...or about to be.

I'm torn between which model to get.  I'm looking to do a 2 or 3 camera set-up.  I know that I want 2 way Audio for my dog so the regular Arlo won't work leading me to the Pro or Pro 2.  I don't need or want continuous recording so that doesn't help with the Pro 2.  I like 1080p but I read that it hurts battery life.  I'm running them indoors and at close distance (apartment) so I don't know that the trade off of 1080p vs battery life is worth it.  Is that true about batt life?

My bigger question is about the base station.  I can't find any info on differences between the Pro and Pro 2 base stations.  Are there?   If so I'm thinking of getting the Pro 2 with one camera and then adding a couple of Pro cameras.  That way I get the better base station but save a few bucks on cameras and get the better battery life on 2 of my 3 cameras.  Thoughts/feedback?  Is there a difference between base stations?

Also, one of the things that brought me to the Arlo was the USB port/local storage.  I like that unlike some of the competitors there is at least the effort to allow local storage.  Ideally I'd like to hook up to a NAS and disable cloud storage.  I figure the USB port is a good start and at least Netgear is thinking about it.  It would probably only be a software or firmware update to allow local only storage.  Am I dreaming or is that a likely possibility in the future?   I figure with the USB port it's at least a possibility vs the other competitors out there.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

No difference between the 2 bases.

I am finding no difference in battery life between the 1080p of the Pro 2 and the 720p Pro.

Battery life will largely depend on number of recordings per day and amount of time spent live viewing.

CVR will only work on AC power and if you pay a subscription. Nice to have the feature on the Pro 2 should you ever need it.

There are no single Pro 2 plus base kits available right now. Only single Pro plus base kits.

You could get the single Pro kit and add a Pro 2 down the line if you want the 1080p.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

No difference between the 2 bases.

I am finding no difference in battery life between the 1080p of the Pro 2 and the 720p Pro.

Battery life will largely depend on number of recordings per day and amount of time spent live viewing.

CVR will only work on AC power and if you pay a subscription. Nice to have the feature on the Pro 2 should you ever need it.

There are no single Pro 2 plus base kits available right now. Only single Pro plus base kits.

You could get the single Pro kit and add a Pro 2 down the line if you want the 1080p.

PedroT99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much....his is really helpful. If the bases are the same, I thought BK I’m going to go with the regular Arlo.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Be aware that that there are 2 models of base, the original Arlo wire free with no two way audio or local backup and the VMB4000 that comes with both the Pro and Pro 2 cameras.

PedroT99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes Thank You! I’m definitely getting the Pro at a minimum. I want the 2 way audio for sure.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation