Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JD77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read through numerous posts on here and have not found a solution to my problem. I have the Arlo Pro VMB4000 base unit and 5 Pro 2 cameras. When I go into the app it says "Your base station is offline." I have unplugged/replugged, disconnected from internet/reconnected, hit the synch button on the base unit and reset the unit. Still not connecting. All three lights on the base unit are green. The Internet light blinks occasionally indicating that it is sending or receiving data over the internet. Other devices using the internet router are working properly. I have the basic plan, which is now called the "no subscription" plan. The issue arose when I changed the battery in an external camera. I don't know if this is just a coincident, or not. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you force closed the app and tried again? What happens if you use a different device? Have you tried a web browser?

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
The base is not going off line,it's the app if you close the app fully and reopen it will come back, it's a app problem not the Base.
JD77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank for your reply. I have tried closing the apps and tried logging out and back in. I also signed in on the Arlo site from my PC and it still shows the base unit offline.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact support using the link at the bottom here.

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is the norm. Arlo has no plans on fixing this. I returned my second brand new camera kit  just last week with no time to spare under the Best Buy return policy - phew as I will never buy another Arlo product again and am glad they didn't get me locked in!  After a week of perfect recordings, this second system began going offline throughout the day and night just like my other Arlo "Pro" 2. It's a garbage system and they should be sued for using the term "security" on the box. A camera is only as secure as it is reliable and this system is neither reliable or secure. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation