Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MannyN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

Installed a brand new Arlo Pro 2 (base + 2 camera system) 3 days back. Noticed that the system goes offline every night, late night around 2:30 AM and comes back online around 6 AM. Comments in this forum state that this happens with firmware updates but my system was caught up on all updates when I first activated it 3 days back. There have been no new firmware updates the last 3 nights yet the system goes offline and reconnects (comes back online) without any intervention. Almost like it is programmed to go offline every night! Defeats the very purpose of having a security system! Anybody experiencing this? Is there a system log of some kind that you can look at to confirm when it goes offline?

Calling support is a ridiculous experience. After waiting 40 minutes to get somebody they hang up on you when your turn has come!
2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Check under modes that your system is set to armed and not Manage based on schedule.

If it is armed, try and restart the base.

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

The only reason it would go offline is if your ISP is doing some maintenance at that time. I recall when I was on DSL my internet would drop every night, I called them at the time and they had no clue as to what was causing this, so I switched to cable and have yet to have my internet drop. If you checked the Mode and your not running a Schedule, then I would also check your cable Modem dBmV levels, they should be with in -7 to +7dBmV. Also make sure your ISP is not doing some maintenance at that time. If all of the above are fine then maybe your router is causing the issue. The reason I say all this is because I have yet to have my Arlo system go down; I am using a Netgear CM1100 with an XR700 currently.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation