Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
UT33ZY
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the Arlo 2 - 6 camera kit and as I was installing my 6th camera and synced it to the base station, I received a message informing me that I can not have 6 cameras installed and I am only allowed 5 because I am on the basic plan.  I bought this from my local Best Buy store and the associate that sold me the kit indicated that although I will be on the basic plan, I will be able to use the 6 camera.  This is not the case.  

I see that some of the people on the forum indicated that they had purchased the 6 camera kit as well and they were unsucessfully installing it because they were limited to only 5 cameras on the basic plan.  However, they contacted Arlo and the representative was able to add the 6th camera.  Please let me know what I need to provide in order to add the 6th camera to my current plan.

I am unable to enter the model that I have into the recomended field.  The model that I have is the VMS4630P.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi UT33ZY,

Do you have an account that you created previously before setting this system up? If this is the situation, the 6 camera system will require a new account with Arlo. I have provided the link for you below.

Arlo

UT33ZY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

No, I did not have a prior Arlo account.  However, I the account I used to setup this Alro system is linked to my Netgear Orbi account.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi UT33ZY,

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation