Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 1080P recording at night in night vision one moment then in color the next clip

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Chrissy88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - Appreciate your advice as a new user. I noted when using the Arlo Pro 2 camera indoors, with a floor lamp lit at one corner of the room, the recording is generally in night vision but to my surprise one of the recording is in color, just taken a few seconds later with no change in the lighting. Is there something wrong in that most are in night vision while the other is in color & all these recording are almost at the same time & under the same lighting condition.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's obviously athreshold that causes the switch between lighting modes. It would seem that you're on the edge - adding or subtracting a bit of external lighting should help force the mode to be stable.

Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

When I forst got my arlo Pro 2 last week I done some basic test in doors.  I found that both cameras where slightly different in many ways.  1: the colour was mor vivid in one than the other, 2: the sound recording was better in one than the other some by quite some measure 3: one camera would change to night vision before the other.

It may be that Im unlucky but it seems each camera is not set up 100% the same as the other.

Dan

Chrissy88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your advice & comments. Much appreciated.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation